Re: Do you have to unzip CC file for it to work?

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do you have to unzip CC file for it to work?

★★★ Newbie

I have recently downloaded a lot of sets for my Sims4 however all my cc for the sims are showing up but my sets doesn't even show up so I can select it, the only set cc that shows up is a single file, however when I clicked on the files there isn't an option for me to unzip the files. Can anyone help me with this problem?Devil

Message 1 of 4 (31,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
Hi @yangyng03

it all depends on the extension the files has.

if it's a .zip, .rar or .7z file, you need to unzip it. Windows can only unzip zip files. For rar and 7z you'll need an extra program like winRar or 7zip.

If they are .package files, they go in your mods folder without unzipping.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (31,405 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @yangyng03

it all depends on the extension the files has.

if it's a .zip, .rar or .7z file, you need to unzip it. Windows can only unzip zip files. For rar and 7z you'll need an extra program like winRar or 7zip.

If they are .package files, they go in your mods folder without unzipping.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (31,406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I had this same problem and I have unzipped all the CC that needs unzipping. However, when I try to play Sims 4, it won't open, when it did before I unzipped it. Do you know why this could be happening?

Message 3 of 4 (28,014 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @MayaPhillips2003,

Could you try the steps in Crins post just above yours? That should do the trick for you. If not, please create a new current thread on this and we'll see if we can help figure this out with you. Standard smile I'll close this thread off here in the meantime. Thanks,

Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (27,978 Views)