Do video cards no longer have VGA attachments?

by KatAnubis

Original Post

Do video cards no longer have VGA attachments?

★★ Guide

My GTX 1060 gave up the ghost a few weeks ago (making it impossible to play the Sims, 3 or 4). So I purchased at GTX 1660 Ti (after looking at a lot of video cards and talking to my friends who have bought cards recently, since the 1060 no longer is being "supported" according to Nvidea). However, it doesn't seem to have any of the attachments that my old card had, only things like HDMI. My monitor only has VGA. I looked over all the requirements and it didn't say anything about not having VGA and VGA attachments are shown in the paperwork that came with it. But the card doesn't seem to have it. Am I going to have to get a new monitor to have a working video card now?

Message 1 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Do video cards no longer have VGA attachments?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

That Nvidia stops selling a particular GPU does not mean it is not supported. There are much older GPUs out there that still are supported.

Anyway. most modern graphics cards do not come with the Very old VGA interface. If your monitor only supports VGA it must be old and probably could do with an upgrade to a better monitor however you can also get a HDMI to VGA converter or DVI to VGA converter the card will probably have both and the converter may be included in the box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (263 Views)

Re: Do video cards no longer have VGA attachments?

★★★ Novice

_ also VGA Adapter    

i  have one DVI  to VGA  came from Dell   _ Works alright

Thanx

Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)