Do Sims 3 Stuff Packs Not Reward SimPoints When Registered?

by StarryMight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do Sims 3 Stuff Packs Not Reward SimPoints When Registered?

★★★★★ Guide

I bought all the Stuff Packs for The Sims 3 yesterday and the day before on Steam (thanks, Autumn Sale!  ). I just Registered them all with their CD Keys, but I didn't gain any SimPoints from them, and the pop-up thanking me for it showed the Base Game every time.

Are SimPoints only rewarded for the Base Game (I did do that long ago, and got 500 Points) and Expansion Packs (I don't have any of those yet)? Just want to be absolutely sure there. Standard smile

Message 1 of 11 (714 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do Sims 3 Stuff Packs Not Reward SimPoints When Registered?

@StarryMight  The only purchases that always grant points are the base game and World Adventures.  It used to be 1,000 points each, but you're the second person who said that they only got 500 points for the base game.  The other packs don't come with points at all, except for certain special limited edition versions.  A few people have been lucky and received an LE code when they weren't expecting it, and found more points in their store account, but that's pretty unusual.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (713 Views)

All Replies

@StarryMight  The only purchases that always grant points are the base game and World Adventures.  It used to be 1,000 points each, but you're the second person who said that they only got 500 points for the base game.  The other packs don't come with points at all, except for certain special limited edition versions.  A few people have been lucky and received an LE code when they weren't expecting it, and found more points in their store account, but that's pretty unusual.

Message 2 of 11 (714 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict : Okay, thanks for the info.
Message 3 of 11 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@puzzlezaddictDid this recently change? I have 6 EP's including World Adventures and at one time I had something like 9000 Sim Points in my account. As best as I can remember almost all of these points came from registering Expansion Packs & I sort of recall some of them being up to 2000 points each. I did get maybe 200 or 300 points from back when the TS3 Store used to give them away on daily ad promos. I can't find anywhere in my account history that shows specifically how many points I got for registering each EP, but my purchase history is still there. I bought 3 store worlds and several premium content items without ever buying Sims Points. This about 2 or 3 years ago.

@StarryMightI have Generations, Island Paradise, Late Night, Pets, University Life, and World Adventures. As of 2016 thru 2018 they were still awarding Sim Points for registering those EP's. Idk maybe they aren't anymore? I only have High-End Loft for Stuff Packs but I can't remember if I got anything for registering it.

I've mostly moved on to TS4 but I still like to play Sims 3 every now & then.

Message 4 of 11 (677 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness : Good question! Also (just thought of this) are you on Origin?
Message 5 of 11 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]

@RandomBuzziness and @StarryMight  It's... kind of complicated.  Some special versions of packs (Limited Editions or similar) granted points, and some people got those special versions without knowing it, maybe because EA sold a batch of those keys to Amazon or something.

Separately, there was an infrequent but obvious glitch in the store where someone might be able to click the Redeem Points button several times in a row and receive points each time.  I think the last time I heard of this happening was around a year and a half ago.  And some of the people who had this happen had just registered a bunch of packs at once, so they thought they got points for all or most of the packs.  But other people registered only one code and got 3k or 4k points, so for them at least, it was clearly a glitch.

When I bought all EPs and four SPs on Steam (didn't want to deal with patch 1.69) almost two years ago, I registered them on the store site right away.  I checked after inputting  each code, and I only got points for the base game and World Adventures.  Almost all the players who post about it these days report the same thing.  So aside from a few lucky exceptions, it's pretty clear that this is how the points giveaway is supposed to work.

As an aside, points were 50% off during the holiday sale last winter.  I have no idea if they'll do that again, but it's worth checking back in a couple of weeks.

Message 6 of 11 (661 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict : Okay...and noted. ^_~
Message 7 of 11 (655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@StarryMightOrigin, yes. I also remembered this morning that I bought a store world bundle with Hidden Springs and Monte Vista so some of my Sim Points might have come from registering those. These are not the store worlds I referred to in my first post, I also have Aurora Skies (my personal favorite), Midnight Hollow, and Sunlit Tides.

I don't want to get too far off topic but I wish EA would bring back the store world concept for TS4. Like a full 20-ish lot world with a small amount of Build/Buy and CAS items to go with whatever locale they chose, but not with all the new game-play features like a full EP. If they were reasonably priced I love to add new TS4 worlds to build and play in.

Edit:

@puzzlezaddict  @StarryMight  Yeah you guys are right, it might just be an Origin vs. Steam thing.

Message 8 of 11 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness : I see. I'd personally like to see them add another free world to the base game a la Newcrest, but that's getting off-topic, too. ^_^
Message 9 of 11 (649 Views)

@RandomBuzziness and @StarryMight  No one's going to mind if you go off topic here; in fact, I doubt anyone will even notice.

Message 10 of 11 (644 Views)