Do I need a new PC?

by Simmer3703

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do I need a new PC?

★ Apprentice

I am wondering if it is time for me to either purchase a new graphic car or a new pc?

I play both TS3 and TS4 with all expansions. Plus I use a ton of custom content. I also clear my cache before I play each time to help with speed, however, I feel like my system has slowed down quite a bit.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Capture.JPG

Message 1 of 6 (390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do I need a new PC?

[ Edited ]

@Simmer3703  Staying in the $800 range, there's only one computer I found with a better graphics card than the first computer I linked earlier.  This one has an Nvidia 1660, which is newer and better than a 1060 6 GB, but below the 2060 in the $900 version.  It only has 8 GB RAM though.  That's more than enough for TS4, but it might make multitasking difficult.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883289029&ignorebbr=1

You would have to pay shipping on this computer, but newegg might not charge you sales tax, depending on which state you live in.

The other models that stay below $900 are mostly the same configuration as the $700 model from before, or else they have a better graphics card paired with a weaker processor, or vice versa.

There are a few cheaper models with an Nvidia 1050 ti, but that might not be quite enough for TS4 once the game has finished its development cycle.  It's difficult to say, but that's why a 1060 6 GB is recommended if you can find one in your price range.  The 3 GB variant is slightly weaker, but still better than a 1050 ti.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (318 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

If you want a new graphics card you may need a new motherboard as well as your current PC may not support a new graphics card. Your current CPU isn't that powerful so it may be time to consider a new PC.

Look for specs like these:

High end

CPU = Intel I5/I7 generation 7 or better AMD Ryzen 8 or better
RAM = 8GB DDR4 or more
HDD = 250GB SSD with secondary HDD for storage.
Graphics = Geforce 1060 6GB or equivalent AMD card

Budget

CPU = Intel I5/I7 generation 5 or better I3 generation 8 AMD Ryzen 5 or better
RAM = 8GB DDR4
HDD = 1TB Hybrid drive
Graphics = Geforce 1050 or Geforce 1060 3GB or equivalent AMD card

If you find one you like and want an opinion feel free to post a link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (375 Views)

Message 3 of 6 (352 Views)

@Simmer3703  You could do a bit better for you money.  If you're looking for the cheapest good option, this Skytech is only $700 and has an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (a significantly better processor than the 1400), an Nvidia 1060 3 GB,16 GB RAM, and a 500 GB NVMe SSD:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Rampage-Computer-Desktop-GeForce/dp/B07NV3PBQD

If you're willing to spend $900, you could get a better graphics card, which would be helpful for other games or just futureproofing.  This one has the same processor, memory, and storage as above, but it comes with an Nvidia 2060:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Azure-Computer-Desktop-GeForce/dp/B07NV1YJK9?th=1

I don't know what your exact budget is, or if you're looking for other features, but there are a lot of options in that price range.  So if there's something else you're looking for, I can try to find it for you.

Message 4 of 6 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I really am just looking for something to play any and all sims on as i dont play anything else. lol

7 or 8 is about where I would like to be ideally. But I may be able to go to 9.

I appreciate your suggestions and will look into them as well as any other should you come across any. Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Simmer3703  Staying in the $800 range, there's only one computer I found with a better graphics card than the first computer I linked earlier.  This one has an Nvidia 1660, which is newer and better than a 1060 6 GB, but below the 2060 in the $900 version.  It only has 8 GB RAM though.  That's more than enough for TS4, but it might make multitasking difficult.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883289029&ignorebbr=1

You would have to pay shipping on this computer, but newegg might not charge you sales tax, depending on which state you live in.

The other models that stay below $900 are mostly the same configuration as the $700 model from before, or else they have a better graphics card paired with a weaker processor, or vice versa.

There are a few cheaper models with an Nvidia 1050 ti, but that might not be quite enough for TS4 once the game has finished its development cycle.  It's difficult to say, but that's why a 1060 6 GB is recommended if you can find one in your price range.  The 3 GB variant is slightly weaker, but still better than a 1050 ti.

Message 6 of 6 (319 Views)