Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Do I have to use Origin for my games?

by LittleSarahBear

Original Post

Highlighted

Do I have to use Origin for my games?

★★ Newbie

I bought an online code for Sims 4 (which essentially gives me the game without me having to wait for the CD to arrive).  I downloaded Origin and the Sims 4 onto it successfully, but couldn't get the game going well.  The furthest I got was picking a gender for my Sim before the game would inevitably freeze or crash, leaving me to restart my computer because even my task manager couldn't seem to end the task.  I've since then uninstalled both Origin and the Sims, as well as many other programs because my computer was running so slowly after downloading Origin.  Are there other options?  This seems to be a really common problem between Origin and the Sims and I'm super bummed because I spent $40 to get the game and so want to play.

Message 1 of 3 (52 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Do I have to use Origin for my games?

Hero

Yes, Sims 4 requires Origin

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (37 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Do I have to use Origin for my games?

What is you computer's make and model? Was the computer running slow or the internet running slow? How much free space do you have on your system drive?

I do not work for EA or associated with EA other then helping other users in the forums.
Message 3 of 3 (32 Views)
Twitter Stream