Do I have to buy the base game to play, or can I buy an extension and play that without the base game?

by kennedywww

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do I have to buy the base game to play, or can I buy an extension and play that without the base game?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi

I am new to the Sims and am wanting to get The Sims 3 Generations. But I don't know if I'm supposed to get the Sims 3 Base Game before I can use and play The Sims 3 Generations. I am very confused and would love some help. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (8,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do I have to buy the base game to play, or can I buy an extension and play that without the base game?

Hero

You need the base game in order to play any of the expansions.

There's a Sims 3 Starter Pack that gives you Late Night and High End loft stuff as well or you can get a plus version that contains the base game and an expansion. Not sure if there's a plus version for generations.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (10,777 Views)

All Replies

Re: Do I have to buy the base game to play, or can I buy an extension and play that without the base game?

Hero

You need the base game in order to play any of the expansions.

There's a Sims 3 Starter Pack that gives you Late Night and High End loft stuff as well or you can get a plus version that contains the base game and an expansion. Not sure if there's a plus version for generations.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (10,778 Views)

Can I play sims 3 generations with a starter pack?

★★★ Newbie

Ok so i dont know if i can play generations with a starter pack i tried looking  it up but nobody could answer so im asking before i buy both for $40. Thank you again if you do answer.

Message 3 of 4 (8,214 Views)

Re: Can I play sims 3 generations with a starter pack?

Hero (Retired)

@larry0fandom yes you can. 

Message 4 of 4 (8,202 Views)