Discover university crashed my game

by ClaraGreta

Original Post

Discover university crashed my game

★★ Novice

After I downloaded discover university, my sims 4 has crashed at least five times. The game was updated as well the same day (is this the problem??).

I've tried to repair the game twice and downloaded the update again. I did also disable the Discover university when I started the game. But nothing happens.

My CC doesn't show correctly after this either. They show up in CAS, but not in "manage household". My CC windows neither show up on the houses. I've tried to turn off the mods, but the problem remains. 

What should I do? 

Message 1 of 6 (332 Views)

Re: Discover university crashed my game

Community Manager
@ClaraGreta It sounds like your issue is similar to the one here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CC-Doors-and-Windows-not-functional-after-september-3t...

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ClaraGreta  For the crashing, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Are you having issues only with cc windows and doors, or other cc as well?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Thanks for your reply! 

It's not the doors and windows only, it's mainly the clothes in manage household. 

Here's the dxdiag file of the computer (sorry, some of the sentences below shows in swedish)

Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Illium I guess that I have to be patient and just wait until EA fixes the bug with windows etc. Is that correct? Thanks for your guiding tho Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ClaraGreta  It doesn't matter that the dxdiag is in Swedish—all the important info is either in English or in Windows code.  There is one BlueScreen listed in your dxdiag, and I'd like to see the dump file associated with it, if it's still there.  (There aren't any dates on the Windows errors, so it's not clear when this one happened.)

Open a File Explorer window, enter C:\Windows\Minidump in the address bar, and see if there are any files listed.  If there are, please grab the last two or three: right-click on each file and select Copy, then right-click on the desktop and select Paste.  Zip the file, or zip them together if there's more than one (highlight them all, right-click and select Send to > Compressed (zip) file), upload the .zip to a free filehosting site, and link it here.

Given the other errors in your dxdiag, it's a good idea to run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Please also link the driver download page for your laptop.  It's difficult to confirm that I'm looking at the correct page without having the laptop in front of me.  But you can find the page easily enough.  Go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, select your OS (Windows 10) if necessary, and you'll land on the driver download page.  Please link that page.  It doesn't have any personal info about your particular laptop, just the downloads for your model.

Your C drive is also critically low on storage.  It's a good idea to clear at least another 10 GB, to eliminate that as a potential source of errors.

The issue with cc windows and doors will need to be solved by the cc creators, not EA.  The problem is that the game's windows and doors now have additional values built in, to allow the stacking that was made possible in the most recent patch.  But older cc items don't have those values, so they'll need to be updated.  It's possible Sims 4 Studio will release a batch fix, but otherwise, you'll need to download updated versions of the files, or use different ones.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (278 Views)