Disc security no longer working

by Corwin_Alexander

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disc security no longer working

★ Novice

My DVD player no longer works.  Is it possible to switch my games to an Origin or Steam verifiied version so I can play without needing a disc in a drive?

Message 1 of 3 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disc security no longer working

@Corwin_Alexander  You can register your Sims 3 codes in Origin and download the game from there.  You can't switch to a Steam install though: you can only use content in Steam you've bought specifically through Steam.

If you want help with the details of switching to an Origin install, please let me know whether you currently have the disc version of Sims 3 installed, and if not, whether it has ever been installed on this computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (371 Views)

All Replies

@Corwin_Alexander  You can register your Sims 3 codes in Origin and download the game from there.  You can't switch to a Steam install though: you can only use content in Steam you've bought specifically through Steam.

If you want help with the details of switching to an Origin install, please let me know whether you currently have the disc version of Sims 3 installed, and if not, whether it has ever been installed on this computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (372 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictThanks, that worked.  Your help is greatly gratefully appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (344 Views)