Disc doesn't work[Mac]

by ItsAlvaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disc doesn't work[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So, I just installed The Sims 3 to my macbook. (I've had the sims 3 before, by the way). But when I'm trying to start the game it goes downhill. At first it's great but then when you get to choose city and make a family, it says ''can't find disc, please insert disc and try again''. BUT! The disc is in! It's the same disc as they tell me to insert, but it still says it. I've tried cleaning it, even with water! (Of course made it dry after).. But it still wont work. Can I insert the main disc? The one that isn't an expansion pack? Or is it gonna say that it's the wrong disc? If you have any tips or anything, please reply!

Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disc doesn't work[Mac]

★★ Novice

I'd reccommend uninstalling the base game and expansions you have. Then downloading and reinstalling them through origin (for free - you use the same serial code in the case to redeem it). This way you won't need a CD to play and will hopefully bypass any issues you have with your CD drive or disc.

Good luck!

@ItsAlvaa wrote:

So, I just installed The Sims 3 to my macbook. (I've had the sims 3 before, by the way). But when I'm trying to start the game it goes downhill. At first it's great but then when you get to choose city and make a family, it says ''can't find disc, please insert disc and try again''. BUT! The disc is in! It's the same disc as they tell me to insert, but it still says it. I've tried cleaning it, even with water! (Of course made it dry after).. But it still wont work. Can I insert the main disc? The one that isn't an expansion pack? Or is it gonna say that it's the wrong disc? If you have any tips or anything, please reply!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (217 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I'd reccommend uninstalling the base game and expansions you have. Then downloading and reinstalling them through origin (for free - you use the same serial code in the case to redeem it). This way you won't need a CD to play and will hopefully bypass any issues you have with your CD drive or disc.

Good luck!

@ItsAlvaa wrote:

Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The list below shows the full set of The Sims 3 games in order of publication. If your game is installed using discs, the game will require the disc from whichever installed game is lowest down the list.

TS3 (base game)
World Adventures - EP
High End Loft - SP
Ambitions - EP
Fast Lane - SP
Late Night - EP
Outdoor Living - SP
Generations - EP
Town Life - SP
Pets - EP
Master Suite - SP
Showtime - EP
Katy Perry's Sweet Treats - SP
Diesel - SP
Supernatural - EP
Seasons - EP
70s, 80s, 90s - SP
University - EP
Island Paradise - EP
Movie Stuff - SP
Into the Future- EP

If that disc is not functioning correctly then you may wish to uninstall the whole game, register your game codes on Origin and then download the digital versions (this is free of charge if you have the codes already).

To download and install games through Origin

Download and install the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. If you already have Origin on your Mac but are having problems with downloading or installing games, delete the client and download a new copy (this sometimes fixes issues with downloading). The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information (letter i) and then click on the install button from there. For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the i reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. If you have already been unfortunate and have a corrupted download, then it is important to remove all traces of this before trying again, by doing a thorough, clean uninstallation first.

Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)