Re: Disappearing Sims form World and Family Tree

by rinstrides

Original Post

Hero
Shouldn't be the case but who knows if there's still an issue.

Could you try on the backup if they disappear too ? Just for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (687 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just check my old save and two of them were there (the other three had not been born yet).
Message 12 of 18 (679 Views)

Hero
Do they still have their original father winter ? If so, could you try deleting him (should be in household manager) and see what happens to the children ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 18 (649 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
He does not seem to be in the household manager. So I just deleted Father Winter in general (for the save file not whole game) and they kids are fine
Message 14 of 18 (645 Views)

Hero

Hi @rinstrides 

Hm .. really though to say what happened. Unfortunately they can't be recovered if you don't have a backup

So unsure what to suggest.

All I can do for now is keep an eye open if there are more reports of it still happening. If it's just the father Winter children, it does seem like the bug might still have some instance that triggers it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 18 (2,531 Views)

★★★ Novice
Drats. Oh well not much I can do if it’s a bug then. Thank you for all your help.
Message 16 of 18 (627 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too had several older kids missing. I was able to locate them all except the one who was Clement frosts daughter. I had no idea of this bug. Now I noticed that he is missing also. Even father winter is a new dark haired guy! Did Clement get removed from the game?

Message 17 of 18 (589 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @mdwallis 

Do you happen to have a save from before the Sims disappeared?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 18 (561 Views)