Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disappearing Items

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion, game, and stuff packs as well as all kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By placing a DIY Garage Mural (From City Living) on a wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I place the DIY Garage Mural (From City Living) on a wall, it takes away money but I can't see or interact with the DIY Garage Mural placed down.
What do you expect to see? Simoleons depleted but no item showing up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have cc but have updated/removed it multiple times. It's also any wall item under the hobbies and skills category and only that category.

Message 1 of 9 (915 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disappearing Items

★★ Novice

I'm sure I am using the correct one. I got the problem fixed. I completely wiped my computer of anything sims 4 related and re downloaded it. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (728 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Hoshi_JiWoo All wall items under the hobbies and skills category are invisible when placed?

Have you tried repairing your game?

Message 2 of 9 (882 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. I have tried repairing the game and I tested some other objects on the wall. Just the DIY Garage Mural and the roll up one, and the Regular mural won't show up.

Message 3 of 9 (866 Views)

Hero
@Hoshi_JiWoo Tested this and it works fine in my game. Have you deleted the localthumbcache file ? Tried multiple houses ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (848 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done both.

Message 5 of 9 (837 Views)

Hero
@Hoshi_JiWoo Have you tried renaming your user folder yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

I have

Message 7 of 9 (802 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Hoshi_JiWoo Have you checked that you are using the 'DIY Rollup Mural' (there's also the 'DIY Garage Mural' versus the 'Community Canvas'? The DIY Murals are interactive and can be found under Activities and Skills, the Community Canvas is decorative.  When I tried placing the Community Canvas it will disappear in live mode if your walls are in cut away or down, it will display if the walls are up. Here's what they look like in buy mode:

No description available.No description available.

Here's what the look like in live mode (excuse the darkness, it's night time in this particular save where I was comparing them).

Walls up:

Walls in cutaway (looks similar to walls down):

Other than that, the DIY works fine for me, you can see here my sim interacting with it (walls are up again): 

Open Photo

The community canvas can't be interacted with, sims don't appear to be able to view it (though it seems not all wall decorations, which is the category this is under, can't be viewed). 

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 8 of 9 (754 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm sure I am using the correct one. I got the problem fixed. I completely wiped my computer of anything sims 4 related and re downloaded it. 

Message 9 of 9 (729 Views)