Disappearing Houses

by Consbrock19

Original Post

Disappearing Houses

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? None
What happens when the bug occurs? My custom built houses disappear every time there’s an update. I have to start over every time on my families progress & it’s frustrating.
What do you expect to see? My custom house & families living in the house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Back to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? My custom built houses disappear every time there’s an update. I have to start over every time on my families progress & it’s frustrating.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the houses & families in the houses I build & move into with progress saved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Disappearing Houses

Hero (Retired)

@Consbrock19  Did you log into OneDrive AFTER you installed the game? What happens is the game will continue to use the default user data location but OneDrive moves newer files to the OneDrive folder to sync them. I'm thinking the game is using the default location and new or changed files are being moved the the OneDrive folder. Do you need OneDrive?

Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: Disappearing Houses

★★★ Newbie

I do not have onedrive but I figured Origins would act like onedrive. I’ve never had this issues up until the last few big “updates” on the game. Your comment makes total sense though and I appreciate the help! Not very “high tech” on my 

Message 3 of 3 (130 Views)