Disabling Sims 4 expansion pack?

by Ashlei1911

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disabling Sims 4 expansion pack?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have 4 expansion packs and 2 game packs on my laptop for the Sims 4. Laptop doesn’t have any or much issues but there’s a small lag. i was wondering if i removed a pack of it would clear it up a bit and i’d like to disable the cats and dogs pack. i’ve removed any furniture/ clothe items my sims would’ve been wearing or had in their lot and to be honest having pets is starting to get annoying so i’d rather not have to deal with them for awhile.

My main question is, if i disable the pack will there be any issues with the saved game i’ve been playing on?

Message 1 of 6 (8,139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disabling Sims 4 expansion pack?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Ashlei1911 

What did you write to disable the pack?

Edit: 

Here is how to disable a pack. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (8,085 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Ashlei1911 

You will not be able to load any savegames that uses items from the pack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (8,106 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen but ive already removed any pets and items from that pack, it still wouldn't work?
Message 3 of 6 (8,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Ashlei1911 

What did you write to disable the pack?

Edit: 

Here is how to disable a pack. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Message 4 of 6 (8,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

i used -disablepacks:EP04  ( for cats and dogs) it disabled the pack, none of the content is in my game anymore, started playing from a new save file as recommended. one last question, if i uploaded a family to my library would there be issues if i put them into my current New save? 

Message 5 of 6 (8,036 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Ashlei1911 

If they use items from the pack it will be removed or replaced with standard items.

Message 6 of 6 (8,014 Views)