Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dirty Cup Stuck in Apartment Window

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Famous, City Living, Moschino, Tiny Living, Cats & Dogs, Spa Day, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Movie Hangout and Holiday Celebration (Free)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea how this happened. I am assuming that while trying to drag a cup into the sink which was in front of the window, it somehow got stuck in the window. I have moveobjects on but I must have been in live mode to get this to occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? A dirty cup has gotten stuck in the middle of one of my apartment windows. I can't delete it or grab on to it to move it. It is making my sims uncomfortable and disrupting my gameplay.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to delete or move the cup so that it won't be making my sims uncomfortable. Or better yet, I expect to not be able to somehow move cups into my apartment windows which I can't delete to get rid of the cup.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I honestly don't know how this happened. It seems like it happened recently in my game but I don't remember ever moving a cup near the sink during the time before it would have been an issue. I just want to know a way I can fix this because I really love these Sims & the apartment I renovated for them. I don't think that the cup is doing this as a result of my custom content as I have not had any similar issues in other games. I have tried moving the Sims in and out of the apartments to no avail. I have repeatedly tried to delete the cup but it won't pick up the cup from either side of the window; only the window. Please help if you know a way to fix this!

Message 1 of 3 (461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dirty Cup Stuck in Apartment Window

★★★ Newbie

I was able to fix this problem by enclosing the smaller portion into a room and then moving this and moving it back. Somehow, the cup got removed. I still think that this shouldn't be able to happen though. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (381 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion
@DaringHorseLover Only thing I can think of is to have a sim clean it up. Try zooming in the camera while in live mode so you can click on the cup and not the window. At some angles the window should fade out to invisible and hopefully the cup will still be visible to click on and choose actions.
Message 2 of 3 (416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to fix this problem by enclosing the smaller portion into a room and then moving this and moving it back. Somehow, the cup got removed. I still think that this shouldn't be able to happen though. 

Message 3 of 3 (382 Views)