Re: Dine Out - Chef Station not working while restaurant is open

by FireTheBlueSky

Original Post

Dine Out - Chef Station not working while restaurant is open

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Dine Out, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Parenthood, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Build/Buy restaurant; 2. Hire chef/chefs; 3. Open Restaurant; 4. Chefs can't use the kitchen (stove, Chef Station, Sous-Chef station) - "I can't get there" bubble appears
What happens when the bug occurs? "I can't get there" bubble appears above chefs.
What do you expect to see? Each chef goes to his station and starts cooking the orders
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I uninstalled all mods, tried restarting the game, moving the objects etc... nothing works.

My problem specifically is with owned restaurant and hired chefs. First, both chefs go to the same station but neither one of them can cook (they give me the "I can't reach there" bubble). When I close the restaurant and try cooking with my sim, everything works fine.

Even if I have 2 chef stations (I tried with Sous-Chef station and normal stoves as well), none of them work. 

I just bought Dine Out but with this bug, it's unplayable.

Message 1 of 9 (2,581 Views)

Hero
@CristinaBiancaB What happens if you have just one cook ? Does it work then ? Did you also try a different restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,571 Views)

★ Novice

It's the same even with only one cook. I tried rebuilding the restaurant, using the Chez Llama default one, using the pre-built professional kitchen styled room from the build mode.. The same thing happens. Also, it appears they have trouble using two stations, for some reason the 2 chefs sometimes they go to the same station.

Message 3 of 9 (2,561 Views)

Hero
@CristinaBiancaB Could you upload your restaurant to the gallery ? can do some testing later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,542 Views)

★ Novice

It's uploaded as "Restaurant La Patio"

Message 5 of 9 (2,525 Views)

Hero
@CristinaBiancaB I tested your save and had no issues with one cook only. With two, I think the issue is that they block each other.

Will need to try my own setup restaurant tomorrow cause I've never had an issue with that happening. Maybe it has something to do with the different kitchen you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,500 Views)

Hero
@CristinaBiancaB Didn't have a chance to test out my save yet. Are you still having issues with one cook only ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,436 Views)

Hero
@CristinaBiancaB Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (2,399 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue- the chefs just keep saying "I can't get there", even when there's two chef stations on the lot.

Message 9 of 9 (2,184 Views)