Re: Dimmed Screen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I dont have a couple of options that you said.

If i create and change power plan to high performance it dims my screen, I dont have a option to turn up the brightness on that either

Message 11 of 14 (246 Views)

@ZoomerGirl  Try steps one and five in this guide:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/70157-enable-disable-adaptive-brightness-windows-10-a.html

For step five, your graphics driver is old enough that it may not have all the listed options.  While it's generally not necessary to update a driver that's working fine, in this case, it's worth doing if nothing else helps.  You can get the newest driver from Intel for your processor and graphics chip here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/85212/intel-core-i55200u-processor-3m-cache-up-...

Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer afterwards and before trying to play.

It's possible that the newer driver will handle screen brightness properly on its own, so if you prefer, you can start by installing the driver and test that before changing any other settings.  Either way is fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Gave me an error message.
Did a lil research and I think its the second solution? Not 100 percent sure

Message 13 of 14 (212 Views)

@ZoomerGirl  Yes, the issue is that the OEM driver you currently have installed is blocking you from installing the driver from Intel.  It is in fact usually better to use a driver provided by the manufacturer of your laptop, but not when that driver is seven years old or is apparently not working properly.  I was hoping that this wouldn't be a problem for you—sometimes the manufacturer provides an update that then allows the installation of generic drivers, usually when the company isn't going to release any more new drivers itself for the product.

Anyway, I'd use the linked instructions for clean-installing the Intel driver and see where that gets you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (176 Views)