DigitalDownload Problems: Sims 4 Seasons

by kat3074

Original Post

DigitalDownload Problems: Sims 4 Seasons

★ Novice

So today I went to the store and went to the Sims section. When I got there, I saw that Sims 4 Seasons was on DigitaDownload, not a big deal I thought. So I purchased it for $39.99 plus tax. Then I went on with my day, got home and started up my origin, and read the instructions on the car.

1: Take card to cash register
2. Get code on Receipt
3. Download Origin client from, http:/www.origin.com/download
4. Redeem the code on origin
5. Download and play.

I did all 4 of those steps, expect 5... because I can't download and play? It did this whole weird thing, turned my money on to my EA wallet - which I never knew was real till today, and now I can't get the game I paid for today. I'm highly confused and getting stressed out on what to do now... So if anyone has any clue what to do, it would help a lot

Message 1 of 14 (2,818 Views)

Re: DigitalDownload Problems: Sims 4 Seasons

Hero (Retired)

Do you own the base game, Sims 4? Seasons is the dlc for that game. See this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/sims-4-pack-install/ Scroll down for how to add an item from the expansion pack, seasons. 

Message 2 of 14 (2,797 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem except I bought my sims 4 seasons from walmart and all the steps work until I get to step 5 and then says that the code is invalid! I've contacted EA but they haven't been much help and I'm still trying to figure it out because this is just ridiculous! I have the sims 4 base game downloaded and everything, it's just for some reason the code wont go through and ive been trying at it all day and im becoming exceedingly frustrated to the point of just returning it and quitting.

Message 3 of 14 (2,729 Views)

★★ Novice
i'm having the exact same problem! i bought seasons from walmart and it's saying my code is invalid. your message is from a month ago i see, it should be fixed by now! what the heck.
Message 4 of 14 (2,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. Go to ea account and billing, then redeem product code and type in activation code and it will take you threw the steps and start downloading. I was freaking out but thought why not try it and it worked!

Message 5 of 14 (2,594 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much!!! This helped!!
Message 6 of 14 (2,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

it works!!!!

Message 7 of 14 (2,308 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

super solved it although bought in germany retail ,  but it did not launch in the came  only the dowload and pay option .... thx !

Message 8 of 14 (2,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are gonna have to go onto origin.com and log into your account and from there selcet redeem product code and it will auto download to your origin “app”

Message 9 of 14 (2,053 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked! I even got on live chat to talk to someone and they told me that the activation code needs to have numbers. I was frustrated, so I googled this to see if anyone else was having a problem. DO NOT try to redeem it on the Origin Client, go to account and billing and redeem it there!!!

Message 10 of 14 (1,560 Views)