Re: Dig sites not spawning

by kreatora

Original Post

Dig sites not spawning

★★ Novice

For the lsdt couple of days nearing completion of fulfilling my challenge to complete all the collections,  my dig sites in every neighbourhood and location have stopped spawning. I have repaired the game through origin and deleted the thumb cache file along with rebooting my system and spending lengthy hours in various locations, but to no avail. After sesrching around I understand many others are having the same issue. Is this an issue on your end or users end? Any advice?

Message 1 of 2 (713 Views)

Re: Dig sites not spawning

Hero (Retired)
@simonrowland88

There is the possibility that your "save" folder is being a bit damaged. After a long period of playing in one save it can happen. In addition, if you saved the game option "Save" and not "Save as ..." you overwrote still the same save and errors were cumulating. You can try the simple factory reset of the game folder and hope that it will fix but the chances are not big. It is better to save the family and their home to the library and start a new game with them. Skills and careers will be saved, but friends and money will disappear. Then you must use the motherlode code to add cash for this family to buy their old home.
If you decide to do a factory reset, here's a description of how to do it
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (695 Views)