by elyonCZ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Different names in gallery

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but my first pet stuff and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to look for Ellyonn in the Gallery. You will find me but with a name Bigabog ( which is the "bug" I guess.
What happens when the bug occurs? I see my name (Ellyonn) in the header of gallery (check the attached files) but under the sims and houses that I created someone named Bigabog is there as author. What's even weirder is that when you try to find Ellyonn as EAid in the gallery you will find my stuff but under the bigabog name. And other people see me only as a bigabog in the gallery everywhere. I was talking earlier today with a customer service representant Danish who was very helpful and told me to post my problem here :-) They told me that it's probably because the person that compromised my origin account a few years ago named themselves Bigabog when they were using my account before EA customer service returned it to me. Oh and I just noticed I'm named bigabog instead of Ellyonn even here on the forums? I tried to edit my profile but I don't know how to change it here either, arghhh :D
What do you expect to see? I'd like to have my name set as Ellyonn everywhere on the gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is how I see it in ingame gallery

This is how I see it in ingame gallery.

keB3_u15.jpg

how they see me2.jpg

And this is how other people see me in ingame gallery

dn2.png

And this is what you'll find if you search for ellyon in your browser gallery

Message 1 of 15 (613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Different names in gallery

★★★ Novice
It actualy changed my name even for those old creations of mine. Now it’s okay. Thank you all for the help 😊

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (790 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @elyonCZ

I merged your post but I think something is off with your account cause as you can see, you're also showing as bigabog here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (601 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes. Tha's why I started a new post, because the issue is not the same. I started a new post because EA customer representant told me to do so (as I stated) after looking into this thread together.
Message 3 of 15 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@elyonCZ

Actually I'm moving this to tech. Not sure if I can help you and why support sent you here, tbh.

Something is off with your account which isn't a bug.

Tagging @EA_Mai

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (587 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm not sure why either. But they said:

Danish: Our Sims experts has requested you to make a post at the forums under (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
). Please mention that, you have contacted EA help support and we have requested you to make the post at the forums.

You: okay sure, will do :-)

Danish: Yeah, that's the issue, me along with experts checked BigaBog in our entire database. The user doesn't exists

Danish: If their account exists, we would have sorted the issue while we are connected to the chat.

Danish: Thank you so much! Here is your Case: 43173866 ID.
Message 5 of 15 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks for that extra info.

I fear a CM Manager will need to help you with that.

I forwarded your case and hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

The fact that you show as bigabog here at AHQ shows that the name must still be somewhere in the system and is probably not a Sims issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay, thank you so much for the help!

Message 7 of 15 (567 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @elyonCZ,

Thanks for sharing as much information as you could about this! Thanks to that, we can see your name in here is also bigabog, which as crinrict pointed out, is an indicator that the issue is not related to The Sims 4 Gallery but your EA Account.

This is a really strange situation. I would try accessing your EA Account page and checking which EA ID you can see there: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index?gameId=ebisu&locale=en_US - I would try renaming your ID to the one you would like to have -Ellyonn-, regardless of which EA ID you see. Check if that has any effect. Keep in mind, unless you get an error, the changes can take a few days to show up here on the forums or the Gallery.

If that doesn't help, I understand you were asked to post here on the forums, but with issues related to your EA Account, unfortunately there's nothing we can do to help here. Now that we know the forums username is also affected, I would recommend opening a new case through EA Help adding this new information to what you already told the advisers: https://help.ea.com/en/

Hope that helps!

-Mai

Message 8 of 15 (552 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hello and thank you. I tried to change my ID as you suggested but it says that that ID is already registered and won't let me do it.
Message 9 of 15 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @elyonCZ

it seems to have worked though as you are showing now with a different name on here.

Give it a few days, then check the gallery again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (530 Views)