Re: Different Freezing Issue.

by rafreeman_com

Original Post

Different Freezing Issue.

★★★★ Novice

I'm having an issue that reset sim does nothing for. My game freezes for about 20 seconds then it moves for about 2 seconds then it freezes and doesn't move anymore. I've never had a freezing issue outside of World Adventures China until I installed Seasons. Resetsim * works for China, but not this problem. It seems to be random when it starts freezing. I could be playing for over an hour, or only for a few minutes. Reloading seems to get it unstuck, but I lose WAY TOO much time out of my life for doing that. Not only do I have to wait for about 6 minutes to reload my game (an eternity in video game time), but I also lose the day the sim was working on. I save every morning when my sim wakes up. Saving takes a solid minute (again an eternity in video game time). So reloading and saving all the time is NOT an option. I use absolutely no mods (I don't believe in them). I do have some custom content from the exchange, but I got those things last year and they have never caused a problem before. I have installed no new custom content. My computer can run the game with only one of it's processors and it's video card tied behind it's back so that's not the issue. 

Message 1 of 9 (533 Views)

Hero

Are you playing logged in ? In my experience, server issues can cause lags in the game.

Try if it's better when you're not logged in.

Also, do you have the same issue when you start a new game ? The savegames get bigger and bigger (cause this game just doesn't to do a proper cleaning of unused data) and at some point it's just not playable anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (526 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have stopped playing logged in as of some advice I saw looking up the issue myself on-line. I tried taking my sim to a fresh game. It still happens. I am playing in Bridgeport. I have updated it with all of the latest buildings and have even added more lots to make up for it. I really like Bridgeport because it's the closest thing to an actual city, and putting in all of the cool nightclubs and dancehalls is a pain in other places because the land won't even out properly. Maybe I've just got too much going on at once. I need the equestrian center, (Did I mention I own ALL of the expansion packs?) the big show venues and clubs, the alchemy shop, and the Castle from France at the top of the hill by the waterfall (all of my sim's eventual goal). Could it be that I'm asking too much of the game?  It's hard to go back now. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 3 of 9 (520 Views)

Hero

Bridgeport has a terrible routing.

Did you check if you maybe have any lots where tons of Sims gather (this is usually only temporary sovled by the resetsim * cheat cause they all come back.

It also seems that EA is again not cleaning up the Limos properly which leads to cars piling up in the town which lead to terrible lags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I do have custom lots that allow visitors. For instance, I replaced the overlook with a bustling visitors allowed shopping center so the upperclass don't have to drive into town for groceries and the like. I've noticed that once an NPC sim gets going on an arcade machine they don't get off of them. I sometimes fear they'll die there, because they'll get the super hungry bubble over their heads, but they'll keep playing anyway. The same with musical instruments. I'll attend a party and come home and one of the guests will show up on my home lot, start playing an instrument and won't quit even though my sim has gone to bed and never invited them in. I have to reset those sims, and I get to sell (or use) the instrument they leave behind. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. Maybe it's a combination of many things. Reset Sim doesn't work to stop the terminal freeze (that's what I call it). I've been using this town template since Late Night came out. It's never given me this problem until I installed Seasons though. Other than the China freeze (which reset sim works for), and error code 12 crapola, (I empty my current save folder, ((if necessary)) delete the cache files ((except social)) and have repeatedly searched my entire hard drive for .bad files to delete) I haven't had any real problems until Seasons. Now I did have to download the manual super patch because the regular one wouldn't install, if that makes a difference.

Message 5 of 9 (517 Views)

Hero

The crowed gathering bug is different. Tons of Sims will gather in one place, waving, maybe read a book and never ever leave. If you reset them, they'll just come back.

Do you have stars and showtime career Sims in your town ? The issue is probably the car one but I don't know of any other solution than using a mod which I can't link here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, Bridgeport is the home of stars, and host to many NPCs to populate the Showtime buildings that I have set up.

Message 7 of 9 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Then it's probably the cars/limos in that town.

I do not have a non-mod solution for this problem

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is rediculous. I've had to save and reload twice just to collect my sims money from investments. That's absurd. I'm just going to have to quit playing this game unfortunately until the next patch comes out and hope that it fixes the problem. This sucks bad because I love this game and have played it since the very first. I NEVER had these kind of problems with the Sims 2. Maybe I should just go back to playing it and forget about 3. It's doesn't look stable enough to play for any extended period of time anymore. I don't know why they have rewards like young forever when the game glitches too bad to even make it to old age. <Disgusted> Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 9 of 9 (492 Views)