by badmama62

Original Post

Diagonal Roofs and Game Crashed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, but NOT Journy to Batu, not the Kit Packs and not Paranormal Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Build a simple house in build mode with Diagonal walls and place a Diagonal Roof. Game freezes an crashes to desk without any notification. It happens after that each time i try build a house with Diagonal walls. Even with a new Sims 4 folder/save. After each times i cleanup the Sims 4 folder, the trashcan and run Avast cleanup and did each time a PC restart. After each Patchupdate i repair the game and updated the GeForce drivers.
What happens when the bug occurs?  Game Freezes and Crashed to desktop every time i used Diagonal Roofs.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the Game NOT Freezes and not Crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Message 1 of 7 (943 Views)

Re: Diagonal Roofs and Game Crashed

@badmama62

I've just built multiple diagonal rooms with diagonal roofs with no crashing. Can you move your Sims 4 folder, or rename it, and then launch the game. A new Sims 4 folder will be regenerated. Try a new clean game and see if it still happens.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (918 Views)

★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Thank you for your response, i mentioned that i had make a new Sims 4 folder, after i renamed my sims 4 folder. Now i avoid building with diagonal roofs. I will try making a new Sims 4 folder again soon, but on the moment i am busy with other things.
Again, thanks
Message 3 of 7 (873 Views)

★★ Pro
@badmama62 I can't replicate either. I'm sorry.

One thing I have seen mentioned before is that Game Repair might need a couple of repeats to be successful.

So, that might be something to try to see if it helps.
Message 4 of 7 (862 Views)

Hero
@badmama62 Do you have any files called lastcrash.txt ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (812 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict No i didn't see any files called lastcrash.txt, after all years i played Sims 4, i always looking in the sims 4 folder for that sort of files and before play again i clean up the Sims 4 folder.
Message 6 of 7 (796 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (789 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help