Detective glitch

by RosalineBara8

Original Post

Detective glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31.37.1020.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampire, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? On my character's first day, they could speak to witnesses but there were no marks on the floor, walls, no broken objects...etc. to investigate. On their second day, when patrolling, they could interact with civilians but there was no rubbish...etc. to clean up or anyone who might have done that. I repeated the second day twice (by not saving the first time) to see if there was any changes. The only change was there was now no people in the neighbourhood whatsoever! SIDE NOTE: Also, when I have people over at any of my separate world's houses, they will not leave straightaway; they take ages and often come back into the house a few times!
What do you expect to see? The opposite of what I just said.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help.

Message 1 of 5 (556 Views)

Re: Detective glitch

Hero
@RosalineBara8 Are you sure that's your version number ? If so, your game is a bit outdated and you should update it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (547 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, it is. It was 'BASE: ' followed by the number I have provided. I got this number by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C then typed in 'version'.

How do I update the game?
Message 3 of 5 (544 Views)

Hero

Open Origin, then right click on the game and hit check for updates.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (525 Views)

Hero
@RosalineBara8 Have you also been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (436 Views)