Desperately need help, game force-closes when I try to load it

by JellyBabiex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Desperately need help, game force-closes when I try to load it

★ Apprentice

My largest and most favorite save is in need of help. I was playing earlier today on a lot that, admittedly, had it's fair share of issues in the past. I had this game open for quite some time before deciding to exit and re-load the game in order to help it perform better. 

When I tried to re-load the game, it force-quit the entire sims 4 application. I tried loading each of the recovery saves. I've tried with 0 mods. All my mods have been removed. I've tried moving my save file slot, deleting caches, deleting tray files, game repair, and a folder refresh. No dice. My other saves work just fine. 

Please help I've put so much time into this save T_T

Message 1 of 6 (475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Desperately need help, game force-closes when I try to load it

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JellyBabiex

I'd say your computer is probably just overwhelmed with that save, especially with that many mods in.

8 GB are reached fast if the game itself needs 6-7 GB

The graphics card is also a bit on the low side and disk space is running low as well.

So I would

- Free up some disk space

- Close all unnecessary background processes while you play

- Cut down on CC/Mods

- Try reduce amount of stuff you have in that save

- Lower graphics settings.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (301 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@JellyBabiex Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (436 Views)

Hero
@JellyBabiex OK, I checked your save. That save is huge in size (113 MB) and with all the oversized households and extra worlds, it needs a lot of RAM.

It does load for me but it's very slow

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (378 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah...just weird it was running for me earlier in the day and then this...

Message 4 of 6 (360 Views)

★ Apprentice

Alright, based on the fact that you got the game to run on your copy, I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the game. That save actually loads now with no mods. Currently seeing what happens when I start the game with my 94+ gigs of mods in it. 

In light of my mod folder size, I want to know the source of the issue / what can be done to avoid it in the future. You think it's a memory failure causing the crash? I can't use photoshop because it tells me my scratch disks are too full, same problem happening here? 

Of course I know that downsizing my game is probably in order...but while I do that, should I just refrain from trying to visit too many lots in one go so it has less textures/files to load? Lower my graphics settings maybe?

Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JellyBabiex

I'd say your computer is probably just overwhelmed with that save, especially with that many mods in.

8 GB are reached fast if the game itself needs 6-7 GB

The graphics card is also a bit on the low side and disk space is running low as well.

So I would

- Free up some disk space

- Close all unnecessary background processes while you play

- Cut down on CC/Mods

- Try reduce amount of stuff you have in that save

- Lower graphics settings.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (302 Views)