Re: Desktop Launcher for Sims 4 doesn't work

by cercat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Desktop Launcher for Sims 4 doesn't work

★★ Novice

Since March 27, the desktop launcher for Sims 4 has been blank.  On March 26, Origin was used to open the game and a game repair was done.  How can I replace the desktop launcher for the Sims 4.  I have a 64 bit Windows 10 system.  The launcher was working prior to March 26.

Message 1 of 6 (541 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thank you @crinrict for the link.  It was most helpful and my problem is resolved.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (442 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@cercat 

I take it you mean Origin. Click Origin then Refresh to reload the My library. Origin seems to be temporarily down so you may have to wait a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (531 Views)

★★ Novice

No, the Origin icon works.  I just want the Sims 4 desktop launcher to work again.

Message 3 of 6 (527 Views)

Hero
@cercat You mean the shortcut on your desktop ?

You can find instructions on how to create a new short cut here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/11/sims-4-legacy-edition-2/#ref12

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (475 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @crinrict for the link.  It was most helpful and my problem is resolved.

Message 5 of 6 (443 Views)

Hero
@cercat Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)