Demo won't start

by Jelisa06

Original Post

Demo won't start

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi! 
I downloaded the demo and...it won't work. I click it and exactly NOTHING happens. Meaning it's not even crashing, it just won't start. I read somewhere to disable Origin in game - I did it, but it didn't fix it. I uninstalled and re-installed, didn't help either. Yesterday in the evening I got it to work once, but I don't know how and why. Now it again doesn't do anything. My computer should be able to handle this game easily. 

Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

Re: Demo won't start

Hero

@Jelisa06 Split your post since this is a technical issue and not a bug

-----------

Could you post this info: 

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 4 Demo Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (238 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, here it is. :D  
I actually now got it to work by turning off my Anti-Virus and Firewall for the second of starting the game. I then right away put it back on and the demo is still running. It would be nice however, if I don't have to do that with the actual game. ;-) 

Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

Hero

Try adding Origin.com as an exception to firewall and antivirus and see if it works then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (215 Views)