Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, baker's station doesn't work

by PancakesR4Life

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, baker's station doesn't work

★★★★★ Novice

Ok. I’ve only seen about 1 question similar to mine. I downloaded the bakery. No problem. I clicked “serve”....My sim goes to the station, stops, and then they wave their hands in the air creating the little bubble saying that they cannot continuing to cook on it.

Message 1 of 4 (633 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, baker's station doesn't work

@PancakesR4Life  I merged your posts, since they're about the same issue.

The store items work fine; the issue is probably with the way you built the kitchen.  When the items are installed incorrectly, they usually don't show up at all.  If you want to test, put the baker's station and the oven outside, with nothing around, and place a few countertops with nothing on them nearby.  If this doesn't help, sell the baker's station and oven and buy new ones.  If this doesn't help either, test in a new save.

If none of this helps, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the items.  There's a simple way (uninstall through the launcher, then reinstall) and a more complicated one; let me know if you need instructions for the complicated approach.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (614 Views)

All Replies

Wood Fire Oven Premium Item

★★★★★ Novice

This, along with the Bakers station has the “serve” interaction but the sims go to it and act as if something is blocking them from continuing from using it. Check my other post for the picture. PS I have no mods.

Message 2 of 4 (630 Views)

@PancakesR4Life  I merged your posts, since they're about the same issue.

The store items work fine; the issue is probably with the way you built the kitchen.  When the items are installed incorrectly, they usually don't show up at all.  If you want to test, put the baker's station and the oven outside, with nothing around, and place a few countertops with nothing on them nearby.  If this doesn't help, sell the baker's station and oven and buy new ones.  If this doesn't help either, test in a new save.

If none of this helps, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the items.  There's a simple way (uninstall through the launcher, then reinstall) and a more complicated one; let me know if you need instructions for the complicated approach.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

YOURE A LIFESAVER!!! It was the way my kitchen is modeled! I placed the oven outside and it worked!!! I will redo the kitchen now

Message 4 of 4 (608 Views)