Deleted saves and Sims coming back

by Wilvin22

Original Post

Deleted saves and Sims coming back

★★★ Newbie

I have an odd issue. I have deleted games or Sims, but they seem to show back up after a few days. I tend to delete games that a challenge fails or I am not happy with. But then as stated they magically come back after a few days? This is a pain to have to delete them all again and to go into the library and delete these sims and their clones that show up when the deleted games come back. My guess is it is a cloud save issue? I have googled this issue but nothing comes up or it is tips to get back unwanted deleted games.

Message 1 of 2 (2,028 Views)

Re: Deleted saves and Sims coming back

@Wilvin22  This is an issue with cloud storage, but not saving through Origin.  Instead, the likely culprit is OneDrive automatically syncing the contents of Documents, uploading your saves and then redownloading any "missing" files when it detects them.  The simplest approach is to prevent OneDrive from auto-syncing Documents:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

When you do this, your Sims 4 user folder may be removed from your computer, leaving only the copy in OneDrive.  But you can simply redownload the folder and put it back in the local version of Documents > Electronic Arts.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,989 Views)