Re: Deleted mod. Now sims in fill theft mode again.

by zoiee2020

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleted mod. Now sims in full theft mode again.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

As the title says, I deleted mods cause they were getting out of hand, Kylo Ren and the other guy stopped spawning. Kylo was now the postman. Ray was now a bartender. The Grim Reaper was now assigned as a DJLarge smile

Anyways, as soon as I did, despite NAP's not being active nor was there any active on other maps, sims go into full thief mod again. I CAS the thieves and they had no thief trait 

so I'm thinking whatever MOD I had, one was holding back the theft storm. 

I don't want to go MOD crazy again and just decided to forgo the download of ECO living this time on a fresh install. 

Just to confirm.... no more ECO means no more thieving right? ( unless the thief trait is on that sim of course) 

Message 1 of 6 (275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@zoiee2020 Do make sure it's not active in the neighborhood the stealing is taking place.

I can check for you if you want to send me your save (instructions in my signature).

Lots of people are still reporting it but I'm yet to see a save where Caring is Sharing wasn't in fact active anyways in the neighborhood it happened in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (263 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

@zoiee2020 yes if you leave eco out you won't have the naps active in game so the stealing will stop except for Sims with the klepto maniac trait.

Message 2 of 6 (265 Views)

Hero
@zoiee2020 Do make sure it's not active in the neighborhood the stealing is taking place.

I can check for you if you want to send me your save (instructions in my signature).

Lots of people are still reporting it but I'm yet to see a save where Caring is Sharing wasn't in fact active anyways in the neighborhood it happened in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  Thanks Crinrict, Ill just leave Eco out unless EA can provide a contents package and nothing more for programing. ( which will never happen) 

NAP's was a nightmare. I don't want to have to deal with it again or even risk it being a factor. 

So far, 20 mins of gameplay and no thiefs ... thank goodness. 

The looting was taking place in Stragerville as my sim was finally getting around to completing it. Entire library cleaned out in 20 mins. 

Message 4 of 6 (256 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@zoiee2020 

You do know that you can turn of NPC voting in game settings? That way you decide what NAPs if any should be enacted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 6 (234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jpkarlsen I do. Unfortunately, a bunch of sims got tainted with code from visiting neighborhoods that had the NAP enacted. When ECO came out and as soon as I realized what 

was going on, not only did I turn it off, but I took it a step further. I went through and knocked down a house in every sub community of every map and placed a billboard.  Then took control of a sim in that sub and clicked off Sharing is caring in any community that had it turned on as well as any other NAP. Problem is, damage was already done and despite both actions, tainted sims were still looting. Oh and baking. I don't know how many rotten white cakes I found in my sim house from the obsessive baking. That's when I just looked for a MOD to stop it. Seems some are still carrying that tainted code X months latter.

I feel EA should have had it turned off by default on day 1, rather then on ... and sitting back watching a bunch of people be upset all their custom 

creations and builds get looted without understanding why. The ferocity of Sharing is Caring also astounds me. Within 5 mins if having your business open, almost half your lot can be cleaned out and the property flagged as non functioning. Another thought on the matter is, why were sims / sharing is caring even aloud to loot commercial lots anyways?

In the intro to ECO life, they could have explained what would happen as a result of it being turned on and explained what each NAP did beforehand. I think it would have helped people in preparing for the outcome. IDK, to me anyways, I feel NAP's were poorly thought about, poorly coded and poorly corrected when they realized what was going on. 

Because of it, I refuse to reinstall Eco back in my game. Again, If EA offered a contents package only, I would happily download it. But I think that's just wishful thinking.  

Message 6 of 6 (226 Views)