Re: Deleted electronic arts folder

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

Deleted electronic arts folder

★★★ Newbie

Hello, The Sims 4 has been running fine, however I wanted to uninstall it and start again. I read that I should delete a certain folder - so I deleted the Electronic Arts folder. Now when I enter The Sims 4 disc only certain folders open which do not let me play. I tried redeeming the product code again on Origin so I could download the game, but it wouldn't let me because you cannot use the code twice. I'm worried I have deleted the wrong folder and I have wasted money buying the game because I have deleted it! My laptop has windows 8 and I would like it if I could get rid of all my Sims 4 folders and be able to start again - install the game once more.

Thanks,

Grace.

Message 1 of 9 (14,948 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well you see I deleted my EA folder and I really would like custom content but now I’m realizing I need the EA folder.... help.
Message 2 of 9 (14,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@TwinkleLeah23

If you just deleted the EA folder, you might look in your recycle bin for it. If it's there, select Restore to restore your EA folder.

If it's not in the recycle bin you could login to Origin go to Games Library and right-click and select Repair on Sims 4. The folder should re-appear in Documents.

Reference Link:

Can't Find the Electronic Arts Folder in Documents
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/845496/cant-find-the-electronic-arts-folder-in-my-docume...

Message 3 of 9 (14,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!!! 💜✌🏽

Message 4 of 9 (14,405 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried repairing my game but i still cant see the EA folder in the documents 

Message 5 of 9 (13,950 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@imanier 

Start the game and it will be created.

Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 9 (13,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am about to try it, thank you so much!

Message 7 of 9 (12,802 Views)

★ Novice

Still not working for me Frown

Message 8 of 9 (11,594 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @CoconuttySimmer,

If the advise in here hasn't helped could you open a new thread and share what the issue is along with what steps you've tried already.

I'll lock this thread here in the meantime to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (11,581 Views)