Deleted Sims/Gallery Bug

by StrangestNoodles

Original Post

Deleted Sims/Gallery Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, City Living, Dogs And Cats, Get Together, Get To Work, and the free Christmas packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue what the cause is
What happens when the bug occurs? My Gallery gets filled with Sims I've already deleted in the past.
What do you expect to see? A regular Gallery with the Sims I've made and haven't deleted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know how, but when I opened the game today, my library was flooded with Sims I've deleted in the past. It was really frustrating that I had to delete 50+ Sims from my library that weren't there yesterday. I already tried repairing the game using Origin, but nothing changed. Is there a way to prevent this? If not, is there a way to delete the resurrected Sims from my library faster?

Any help/input is appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Re: Deleted Sims/Gallery Bug

Hero
@StrangestNoodles Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Sounds like some files are back in your library folder. Were those all Sims you created at one point ?

Did you restore the user folder to an earlier point or could the game have switched to oneDrive/Not onedrive when it was using that before ?

The library Sims are all in the tray folder in documents unless they are EA Sims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)