Re: Deleted Sims 4 And Origin

by Scarletlovergirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleted Sims 4 And Origin

★★★ Newbie

Deleted Sims 4 And Origin

I accidentally deleted the sims 4 resource cfg file in my mods (for custom content), and then I went back and found it in my documents, but then I stupidly opened it with notebook and it stayed that way. I tried opening it with other apps but it didn't turn back to normal. Then I deleted the cfg file and tried to go into sims 4 but it didn't let me, I tried to launch origin but that didn't work either, both of the apps weren't letting me launch them. So I deleted them. Then I tried downloaded origin again. But I still couldn't launch it. WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO? Sorry for the caps. I  really wanna play the sims. ;-;. 

Message 1 of 3 (277 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Aw thank you for your help!, I've gotten help from an EA advisor and I was able to play Sims 4 again I just forgot to delete my post. Thank you :D.Thumbs up

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (270 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Opening that file in notepad should not cause any issues. It just associated the cfg extension with notepad. That has no influence on anything else then what program the files are opened with.

So, something else must have gone wrong.

What exactly happened when you tried to open Sims and Origin ? Any error messages ? Did you just manually delete Origin or uninstall it through programs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Aw thank you for your help!, I've gotten help from an EA advisor and I was able to play Sims 4 again I just forgot to delete my post. Thank you :D.Thumbs up

Message 3 of 3 (271 Views)