Re: Deleted Saves are corrupted when recovered

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleted Saves are corrupted when recovered

[ Edited ]

I’ve been trying to recover a save which I would have made around September 2018 which has been deleted for months. It wasn’t in my recycle bin, so I got a hard drive data recovery programme. Sure enough, it was able to turn up a number of save files from last September. I transferred these to my save folder. But when I try to load these saves they have a blank picture and I get the message that I can’t play them because they are corrupted. I’m not sure how this can be - I’ve never had a corrupted save file before and they certainly were not corrupted when I deleted them. I suppose this must have happened as a result if the data recovery programme but I don’t know what I could have done wrong.

Message 1 of 4 (401 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@thisisarealpainx

Since that time there have been many updates that did not refer to this old save. No wonder that it doesn't work.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (380 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@thisisarealpainx

Since that time there have been many updates that did not refer to this old save. No wonder that it doesn't work.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (381 Views)

Ah I didn’t think of that. Duh, stupid me. That would definitely explain it! Thank you. Fortunately I realised I had saved the particular room I had been looking for (which was from that save) to the gallery. So I don’t need that save any longer anyway.

Message 3 of 4 (374 Views)

Hero
@thisisarealpainx The missing picture is usually a sign of old saves but it shouldn't just corrupt like that. You should be able to load saves from 2014 just find if you want to.

`The more likely explanation for the corruption is that the recovery process didn't recover it properly. If you deleted the file a while ago, it's more likely that some of it wasn't recoverable anymore and the programs just weren't able to get them fully.

Did you never make a backup to your hard drive somewhere you could try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (344 Views)