Deleted Mod Files Causing Game Issues

by guppybliss

Original Post

Deleted Mod Files Causing Game Issues

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I have been playing the sims 4 on my macbook for the past 10 months. Recently, I got a new gaming pc. I just moved all of my mods into the new Sims 4 Mods folder.

However, I am facing an issue. When I attempt to start the game, I get the error that a particular mod file is corrupted and I need to remove it. I do remove the file from the folder, but when I attempt to start the game again, I get the same error about the same file. 

Does anyone know what the cause of the issue is? I suspect that it may have something to do with moving from Mac to Pc, but i’m not sure if that’s right 

thanks

Message 1 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: Deleted Mod Files Causing Game Issues

@guppybliss  Mods can get corrupted when moving between OSs.  Try moving your entire Mods folder to your desktop, and delete localthumbcache.package, also in the Sims 4 folder, as well.  If you don't get an error, you can add back one mod and test.  If you do still get an error, then you probably have a second Sims 4 folder that the game is reading instead of the one from which you removed Mods.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (221 Views)

Re: Deleted Mod Files Causing Game Issues

★★★★ Expert

If you used a thumbdrive to move the files, that will break them.

Try zipping the files first and then transferring the zip to the PC.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)