Re: Default replacement skin

by The_Chasman

Original Post

Default replacement skin

★★ Novice

After this last update the default replacement skin isn't showing up. Was that part of the update?

Message 1 of 10 (2,072 Views)

Hero

It's possible that cc breaks with updates.

It's best to talk to the creator of the skin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,066 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Here is the info on the 6/2 patch - june 2 patch

Message 3 of 10 (2,062 Views)

★★ Novice

Would it help to reinstall it?

Message 4 of 10 (2,056 Views)

★★ Novice

I already looked at the patch notes and there was nothing about custom content being effected.

Message 5 of 10 (2,052 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It's possible cc overlaid the default skins. Would it help to reinstall the game - yes but eventually you will patch for some reason (new pack, etc). You can set Origin to ignore mandatory updates but I see problems by not updating. The patch notes don't always cover everything the creators changed.

hth

Message 6 of 10 (2,048 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually I meant reinstall the skins. I'll also see if similar skins are available.

Message 7 of 10 (2,043 Views)

With every update CC has the chance of breaking, and then it needs an update. I would suggest taking the broken skins out of your mods/CC folder. 

If you want to keep the skins, contact the person that made them, and ask them to update the skin to the latest patch.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 10 (2,030 Views)

★★ Novice

Other people have reported the same problem I'm having on other forums. The general consensus is that something in the latest update has effected the ability to use our own default skins. I for one don't like it. One of the things I've always liked about the Sims (all versions) was my ability to customize it to my personal liking. I feel this latest update has taken a part of that away from me. There are many creative modders out there, so I'm sure one of them will find a way around this.

Message 9 of 10 (1,998 Views)

Hero

I'm sure the modders/cc creators will find a way past that.

Just post in the modding communities or ask at the mod forum in the officials forum.

AHQ doesn't provide support for custom content.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,996 Views)