Re: Decreasing relationships and grades in non-active households

by Tkilroy36

Original Post

Decreasing relationships and grades in non-active households

★★★ Newbie

I usually don't use mods but when Mortimer Goth died and his tombstone was nowhere to be found while I was playing with another household I decided to try to bring him back. I downloaded the MCCC mods version 7.4.0, downloaded a Mortimer from the Gallery and brought him back to the family. After a while I repeatedly got a warning that an error was found in the mc_lastexception.html file. This was annoying so I stopped using mods. After this I've experienced that the game is slightly altered and bugs have appeared that weren't a problem before. Sims outside of the active household have started wearing randomised outfits which is annoying but not a huge problem. What's more important is that my sims' relationships are decreasing way too fast, and they no longer seem capable maintaining their grades. A student at university forgot her roommate because she didn't talk to him for a week. Her relationship with her brother plummeted as well, and it was really hard building friendships with new sims. A husband and wife that I hadn't played with for a while had almost zero friendship and romance and their son had an F in school and was almost taken by child services. Another sims that hadn't been active for a while forgot everyone he'd ever met except his household.

This is no fun and I was wondering whether anyone knows what might have caused this and whether I can fix it? I know I can control these things with mods, but I'd rather it wasn't a problem in the first place especially since it wasn't always like this. If there is no other solution than using mods, does anyone know how to fix the mc_lastexception.html error?

Please ask is something doesn't make sense. My tech savvyness is at a solid medium.

Message 1 of 2 (172 Views)

Re: Decreasing relationships and grades in non-active households

★ Guide

I've been playing sims since sims1, and now sims4 6 yrs now with almost evey pack except tiny living, eco, knitting, never used mods or cc and i can tell you the decreasing relationship has always been an issue since sims1. I am a rotational player with over 200 sims, nearly every house and apartment is filled, so there are times when i don't get back to a family 4 almost 3-4 sim weeks and there relations would be gone or low. but I haven't tested exactly how many sim days b4 going back to a family and seeing when the relations drop, it could be a sim week. 

Yes, it always drives me crazy 4 20 yrs.

The only times the sim doesn't lose a sim, is if they were already high friendship level with someone on their list, so when i don't want some of my favorite sims not to lose people, i play them enough to get the 'incredibly friendly' trait in rewards store, so when they meet someone it can give a high bar even already friend level, then i don't have to worry about them 4 a long time.

The other way not losing too many relations is completing the friend of the world aspiration which takes a long time itself, but the trait reward is the friendship bar never drops.

As far as a child losing grades from not playing them, i never had an issue with that, when i load a house i haven't played 4 many sim weeks that had children their grades were still the same i left them.

For the lastexception file, i can't help you with that. i'm not that kind of tech savy, but when u deleted the mod, did you delete the file localthumbcache.package, cause sometimes that helps in resetting the temp memory of the save file. So maybe deleting that file might help a little, but again the relationship dropping has always been bad ea programming since sims1

Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)