Re: Dec 16 - Patch caused conversation texts gone, blank notifications

by DeeBSim4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dec 16 - Patch caused conversation texts gone, blank notifications

★ Apprentice

How do we fix no conversation notifications.  Blank conversations. No Mods. Has anyone else not have game play info on their sims?

On the other hand - is anyone else having trouble with their politician unable to promote policies or shake hands because she's pregnant?

Message 1 of 7 (1,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

You tried the suggestion above, right ? The thread I linked ?

Sometimes just repairing the game also helps

Also for someone seems this was caused by mods: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Notification-Wall-Glitch/td-p/5736910/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,730 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please try this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p/3903165/j...

Also, which country are you in ?

For the promote cause issue, could you please report here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Work-From-Home-Tasks/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,687 Views)

★ Apprentice

I play US

I had tried cleaning out files and nothing except this -- I quit my Representative job, then went back to it she is now able to Promote Policies.

Message 3 of 7 (1,677 Views)

Hero

Did you get your texts back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,665 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, blanks still and the whole Notification area is always just the last one and it's blank too.   I never realized how much I actually paid attention to them LOL

I have a new folder in Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\ called: scratch.  I didn't have this before the last patch. Do you know about this folder?  THM and SAV file extensions.

Message 5 of 7 (1,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You tried the suggestion above, right ? The thread I linked ?

Sometimes just repairing the game also helps

Also for someone seems this was caused by mods: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Notification-Wall-Glitch/td-p/5736910/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,731 Views)

★ Apprentice

Shoot, I had updated the UI Cheats Extension but didn't delete open then download.  I't VERY touchy.  Thanks for that last suggestion - I will always remember now to delete before downloading the updates.  Oops

Message 7 of 7 (1,618 Views)