Debug Items Change Shape/Color?

by ingridtemer

Original Post

Debug Items Change Shape/Color?

★★★ Newbie

In build/buy mode, when I place some debug objects, they change to a different color or shape than it shows on the thumbnail. For example, the place settings: they appear to come in different colors, but when you place them down they all end up the same swatch. I have a similar problem with the little wooden statues, I'll place a cat statue and it switches to a swan. This drives me CRAZY!!! Why would they show one thing but it ends up being something different? Please tell me if there is a way to fix this problem! I hope this makes sense.

Message 1 of 4 (1,211 Views)

Re: Debug Items Change Shape/Color?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ingridtemer

If it concerns wooden carvings, such a sculpture it is a wooden block plus interaction. The same applies to floral arrangements. This even applies to the object, not from debug - an example is a rocket saved to the library in the game.
All objects that require the work of the sim to be created, after placing them in the game if it is downloaded from your library or Gallery will change in such an initial object. This does not apply to the current game. However, if you save such a room with a sculpture in the middle - send it to the Gallery and download it there will not be sculpture only a wooden block.
Because such a wooden block has many appearance options - it can be a horse or a dragon so these changes are not strange.
In principle, any objects from debug do not have the option to change the color. What you see on thumbnails should be in the game. Can you give an example of an object that changed the color?

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (1,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)
The party place settings that came with parenthood, one of them has a green pattern. The thumbnails show yellow, pink, blue, etc but when you place any of them down they all flip to the green plaid. It's really frustrating. Also thank you for explaining`

Message 3 of 4 (1,179 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@ingridtemer

Thanks for the info. I will check it in my game and let you know what I will get.
Message 4 of 4 (1,173 Views)