Dead sims are alive and no ghosts (even pets)

by UnderlandDgtl

Original Post

Dead sims are alive and no ghosts (even pets)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion, stuff pack and update (including the latest - after laundry day).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Kill a sim and take a walk around town or check your sims panel.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have killed one sim by cheat and another the "right way" and both sims have remained "alive" in the sim panel, send messages or call and even appear in town. One was y fire and the other by electrocution and they both appeared scorched but perfectly content with life.
I have also had this problem with pets - specially a fox - that would suddenly die OF HUNGER and still be in the panel and travel with my sims if chosen.

The case is that I have the sim's urns (waiting for a ghost to appear) and nothing. No sims, no pets, no ghosts. It's frankly annoying because I have been trying to play a ghost family and I never can (even after "strengthening connection to this world")

What do you expect to see? Ghosts! And not receive texts from dead people who happily show up at my gym... =/
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 
‌
I would add that there seems to be very few ghosts in town. I get 1 maybe 2 every play through... Even the Vaun Haunt Estate is barely haunted. Only the wife shows up to say hi and then "poof"... gone.
The only pet ghosts I saw were on the cemetery (and it was always the same 2 cats) and Rosie, the Heckling's dog.

Any help would be appreciated! Standard smile
Message 1 of 14 (618 Views)

Re: Dead sims are alive and no ghosts (even pets)

Hero

Were you using mods at the time when you killed the Sims ? What kind of mods/cc are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (614 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have mc command center. Yes, the sim I killed by fire was using this mod. I have uninstalled it but haven't killed or have a sim die since Standard smile
Message 3 of 14 (591 Views)

Hero
Try if you get the same effect when you kill it without the mod

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (587 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Don't know why I didn't think of that... xD thanks! I'll give it a try Standard smile
Message 5 of 14 (585 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
So removing command center didn't work but it turns out I had a stop autonomous mourning mod also (didn't even remember that). I deleted it and so far the sim is a ghost in my panel. Have to wait and see if his ghost shows up Standard smile
Message 6 of 14 (573 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Ok! So now all dead sims seem to be staying dead but I kept waiting for them to appear in my flat and nothing. Then I go to the ghosts night at the bar and there they are! Why aren't they haunting my flat if I have their urns there?
O swear this game does not want me to have ghosts 😑
Message 7 of 14 (539 Views)

Hero
Could you try moving to a house for testing to see if they appear there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
I took the opportunity since my sims were on vacation and took the urns with me (it's a house so...)
I placed on urn inside and the other outside (tombstone). After a while the tombstone went poof and a ghost appeared. The urn still nothing...

Edit:// I placed the urn outside too and the next day I got the other ghost. Just him tho... Not sure if it's a coincidence or if I only get one ghost at a time...
Message 9 of 14 (522 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I officially moved into a house and have 3 tombstones but only one ghost appears at a time... I was hoping for a house full of ghosts. Would it help if I changed the lot to haunted?
Message 10 of 14 (475 Views)