Dead computer. How to retrieve game

by LadyRuditskiy

Original Post

Dead computer. How to retrieve game

★★★ Newbie

Hello

so im moving soon and I know that my computer definitely won’t make the move I wanna know if it’ll be possible to get it on my new computer

Message 1 of 3 (336 Views)

Re: Dead computer. How to retrieve game

★★★★★ Guide

Welcome to late night, @LadyRuditskiy ;

As long as you have an Origin account with your Sims 4 game associated with it, you can install the game on it.

You will likely want to make copies of your original save game files from the first computer, though; I would recommend backing up your files from the Documents folder and putting them onto a portable media, such as a flash drive or a Seagate Passport.

Your files should be in a location much like this:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Note: I do not work for EA.

Kind Regards,

- B

Message 2 of 3 (329 Views)

Re: Dead computer. How to retrieve game

Champion (Retired)

Download the latest version of Origin here: https://www.origin.com/dnk/en-us/store/download
After installation login to the account you have The Sims 4 on. Rightclick the game in your game library and select Install.

Make a backup of your Saves and Tray folders to a USB thumb drive so you can transfer them to a new computer. Also make a backup of the Nods folder if you use Mods or CC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 3 (328 Views)