by Fontaine643

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Sim is Alive..

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game pack except "Star wars", "My First Pet stuff" and "Spooky stutt"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? First of all, I am using MCCC. I just normally play game, and have death notifications of other sims. (ex. a call about death of sims friend..) Like 5 months ago, If I got those notifications, dead sims were literally stay dead. But right now I got the death notifications but those dead sims are strolling the map alive! (colored Family tree, can call out.. etc)
What happens when the bug occurs? Dead sims are still alive. (Seems like when their life span is over, their life stage is reset and live again)
What do you expect to see? Dead sims stay dead
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not sure about this bug.. I remember there was an old thread which has similar issue like this, and they assume MCCC was a reason. 

I will check with "new save + no mod" and test again, but I want to know if there is someone who having this kind of bug. Frown

(When I ask same questions on Local game community, there is a few players having this kind of bug but not sure about the cause..) 

Sorry for my bad English. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Sim is Alive..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictOh my.. It seems like one of my sim is having a problem.
When I move on to new save, I always take one of my sim to library and create a new save.
It seems like that sim has a corrupted save problem. Lol

(edit) I found out one of my old mod was the problem. (Add more trait mod) After I update the mod, everything is solved!.. never thought that would be a problem.

Thank you for your help. I will accept as solution and close this thread😁

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,486 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Fontaine643 Did you get any lastException messages from MCCC at the time those Sims died ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Fontaine643Game needs enough space to generate tombstone, sims, npc sims can't die or age just wondering through your neighorhood, just go to a lot with a lot of activity and when the sim comes to the lot there physical conditions will be updated, the dead sim will than fall to the ground and the grim reaper will show up, a tombstone will spawn and the sim will turn into a ghost, if there is a lot of sims close to death it may take Grim a while to reap the sims. Sims that are not wondering around your neighborhood, can be killed by the simulation, because they are not actively being forced into that role.

Edit: Role sims can't die of old age just running around the neighborhood, in a career, including npc careers, such as food stands, and neighborhood passerbys including mail man.

However, they will die in the neighborhoods they have no roles for.  Also sims won't die or age if they are part of a active club or group outing, but will die or age after the club or gorup outing is over.

Message 3 of 10 (1,573 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Sid1701d9 wrote:
@Fontaine643Game needs enough space to generate tombstone, sims, npc sims can't die or age just wondering through your neighorhood, just go to a lot with a lot of activity and when the sim comes to the lot there physical conditions will be updated, the dead sim will than fall to the ground and the grim reaper will show up, a tombstone will spawn and the sim will turn into a ghost, if there is a lot of sims close to death it may take Grim a while to reap the sims. Sims that are not wondering around your neighborhood, can be killed by the simulation, because they are not actively being forced into that role.

Opp it seems like I made a mistake with word choice. NPC sims -> townies.. Like Minerva Charm. 

With my last save, I saw she died in Magic Realm. Also grim reaper took her soul. But later on, she is alive again. And the death notification is repeating. 

With my mccc save game, I have no choice so I manually giving ghost trait to those sims with death notification. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@Fontaine643Did you get any lastException messages from MCCC at the time those Sims died ?

I remember I didn't get a Last Exception for sims death😔

Message 5 of 10 (1,567 Views)

Hero
@Fontaine643 Does it happen for every single Sim that dies ? If not, do you remember if those Sims that have died have been to Uni ?

Did you have any death since the patch ? And if so, do you still see the same ?

It might also be advisable to double check if it happens without any mods installed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict It happens to every single sim, and I remember Uni doesn't affect that.
Those death problem has happened before the patch, and I first found it like.. September.

Right now I am having new Sims 4 folder for the test, without any kind of mods or cc.
I will share the result when some sims die.
Thank you!
Message 7 of 10 (1,520 Views)

Hero
@Fontaine643 Do they still happen after the patch too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictYeap.
And.. I made a two save for the testing.
One is without any kind of mods
And the other is only MCCC
The fact is, everyone is dying normally!
It seems like there is a problem with other mod.

I will update my status after more testing.
Thank you!

Message 9 of 10 (1,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictOh my.. It seems like one of my sim is having a problem.
When I move on to new save, I always take one of my sim to library and create a new save.
It seems like that sim has a corrupted save problem. Lol

(edit) I found out one of my old mod was the problem. (Add more trait mod) After I update the mod, everything is solved!.. never thought that would be a problem.

Thank you for your help. I will accept as solution and close this thread😁

Message 10 of 10 (1,487 Views)