Deactivate extension Sims3

by Bahamas2018

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deactivate extension Sims3

★★ Novice

Good afternoon,

I have a saved game with the sims3  and the extension Pets is included.

I don't want to play with pets anymore so I have uninstalled the extension and if I keep the extension installed, I disable it from the Launcher. My surprise is that if I uninstall the extension, my current game does not load and the whole game closes.

Does anyone know how to deactivate the extension and still be able to play with my current game?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Message 1 of 4 (341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Deactivate extension Sims3

@Bahamas2018  Alright, if you want to try cleaning this household of all Pets-related data, first load the save with Pets still active.  You won't be saving your progress, so don't worry that you're damaging the save in the event that you want to come back to it later.

First, click on City Hall and select NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Total Annihilation, click the Species category, select all the animal species, and select all the animals.  The TA command will remove the animals and all their data, including any relationship data.

Next, click on the ground of your household's home lot and select NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Not Inventory.  Go through the list and delete any small animals, then repeat for the Inventory category.

For each sim in the household, if they have a lifetime wish from the Pets expansion, change it to something else: NRaas > MC > Intermediate > Lifetime Wish.  This is critical—I've definitely seen sims be corrupted merely by the presence of an LTW from a missing pack.

Remove any traits from Pets as well: NRaas > MC > Advanced > Traits > Change.  You can remove them entirely, leaving the sims with fewer than 5 skills, or replace them with whatever you want.

Finally, remove the racing, riding, and jumping skills from your sims: NRaas > MC > Advanced > Skill Level > [skill] > -1.  It's important to set it to -1 rather than zero, as this is the only way to remove all the data from that skill.  I'd suggest removing Collecting too since it can include data from collecting small animals.  And go through the list of skills looking for any hidden skills related to the Pets EP.  I can't think of any right now and don't have my game in front of me, so I can't check, but it's not a terribly long list.

Once you've done all this, evict your sims and save them to the library.  I can't guarantee that this will be enough to make them playable in a save without Pets present, but it's worth trying.  And I would strongly recommend having ErrorTrap and Overwatch in place when you play.  It's a good idea in general but is especially critical in this case—ET will do its best to clean up any stray data, and it'll let you know as it does.

Good luck.  I hope this works for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)

All Replies

@Bahamas2018  You can't actually deactivate an expansion pack and expect a save that used that pack to work correctly.  Sometimes the save will load but be extremely glitchy and unstable; sometimes it won't load at all.  So unfortunately, you'll need to choose whether to activate Pets again or just start a new save.

In theory, it might be okay to save the main household to the bin and place the sims in a new save.  But in practice, the stranded data from the missing expansion can carry over and cause corruption in the new save as well.  Still, if you want to try, I can write out how to remove as much of that data as possible.  You will need a mod, specifically NRaas MasterController and its Cheats add-on, as well as some patience.

Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

★★ Novice

hi, @puzzlezaddict thanks for asking. I suppose that. Yes, Sure, I have this Mod. regards

Message 3 of 4 (299 Views)

@Bahamas2018  Alright, if you want to try cleaning this household of all Pets-related data, first load the save with Pets still active.  You won't be saving your progress, so don't worry that you're damaging the save in the event that you want to come back to it later.

First, click on City Hall and select NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Total Annihilation, click the Species category, select all the animal species, and select all the animals.  The TA command will remove the animals and all their data, including any relationship data.

Next, click on the ground of your household's home lot and select NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Not Inventory.  Go through the list and delete any small animals, then repeat for the Inventory category.

For each sim in the household, if they have a lifetime wish from the Pets expansion, change it to something else: NRaas > MC > Intermediate > Lifetime Wish.  This is critical—I've definitely seen sims be corrupted merely by the presence of an LTW from a missing pack.

Remove any traits from Pets as well: NRaas > MC > Advanced > Traits > Change.  You can remove them entirely, leaving the sims with fewer than 5 skills, or replace them with whatever you want.

Finally, remove the racing, riding, and jumping skills from your sims: NRaas > MC > Advanced > Skill Level > [skill] > -1.  It's important to set it to -1 rather than zero, as this is the only way to remove all the data from that skill.  I'd suggest removing Collecting too since it can include data from collecting small animals.  And go through the list of skills looking for any hidden skills related to the Pets EP.  I can't think of any right now and don't have my game in front of me, so I can't check, but it's not a terribly long list.

Once you've done all this, evict your sims and save them to the library.  I can't guarantee that this will be enough to make them playable in a save without Pets present, but it's worth trying.  And I would strongly recommend having ErrorTrap and Overwatch in place when you play.  It's a good idea in general but is especially critical in this case—ET will do its best to clean up any stray data, and it'll let you know as it does.

Good luck.  I hope this works for you.

Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)