Daylight coming in buildings

by sxphxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Daylight coming in buildings

★★★★★ Novice

Hey,

I’m having trouble playing the Sims 4. Since the last update daylight comes in to my buildings. The inside walls are looking as sunny/lightened as the walls outside. Whenever I place a window or door into the room the floor becomes the same as outside too. As the picture shows the small room on the left side doesn’t have any windows or doors so the floor is dark as it should be, however the walls are looking like they’re outside walls. In the bigger room I placed a small window and as you can see the whole floor lightens up. Of course the ceilings are in place. 

Now here’s the thing. My laptop (Intel Celeron N3450, 1.1GhZ) is not meeting the requirements for  the Sims 4. However, I’ve been playing for months without any problem. And still everything is working (I can create dogs and there are no crashes or anything like that). The only problem is this daylight coming in buildings since the last update. 

My question, is it possible that this daylight issue occurs due to the lacking requirements? It seems almost impossible to me as the game was functioning just fine for months, until this last update came a couple of weeks ago. 

As I use the Sims for designing houses/interiors and not for the game play it is very annoying due to the walls and floors being discoloured by the sunlight. Also there’s no impression of what the actual daylight would look like. 

Please let me know if there is anything to do about this! 

- Problem occurs in every in-game setting

- Occurs in Game Mode and Life Mode 

- Repairing the game doesn’t help

- Caches are empty

- Occurs in Base Game pre-build houses, older self-built houses, new buildings and even in apartments

- Cc/Mods are removed 

Message 1 of 2 (882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Daylight coming in buildings

Hero (Retired)
@sxphxx

Have a look here.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/TROUBLESHOOT-Lighting-not-working-properly/td-p/782388...
This is very similar - only in that case described in another topic, the light does not enter the building, although it should. In your case, this light goes too far inside.
All the pieces of advice that are there refers to your problem too.
But first, check if your graphics card drivers are up to date.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (856 Views)

All Replies

Re: Daylight coming in buildings

Hero (Retired)
@sxphxx

Have a look here.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/TROUBLESHOOT-Lighting-not-working-properly/td-p/782388...
This is very similar - only in that case described in another topic, the light does not enter the building, although it should. In your case, this light goes too far inside.
All the pieces of advice that are there refers to your problem too.
But first, check if your graphics card drivers are up to date.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (857 Views)