Re: Date changed while travelling?

by crinrict

Original Post

Date changed while travelling?

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? My game is fully updated, is that what this is asking?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go on vacation
What happens when the bug occurs? So, just after Harvestfest my Sim left on vacation to Selvadorada. Everything was going well and seemed rather normal... until I got a notice that Harvestfest was the next day. But I'm 100% sure I did Harvestfest with this save file- I remember deleting the extra gnomes, making a grand meal, etc. And I'm sure I saved after because my Sim's inventory is full of plants from those little seed packets the happy gnomes dropped. I recently rearranged some holiday dates but I'm 99% sure I didn't accidentally add an extra Harvestfest. It's been fall for a long time in this game, too (she has a few trees on her home lot, so it's quite noticeable) and it should be over soon, and Harvestfest is just a day or two before the season change. I had her return home to see if the date would change again, but now she's back in San Myshuno and it's one day before Harvestfest. She's gone on one vacation prior and I don't recall noticing anything weird with the calendar, but maybe I just didn't notice? That was a little while ago anyway, I think before the last patch. So maybe this is a new bug?
What do you expect to see? The calendar not being affected by travelling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Do I need to put something here to post this?

Message 1 of 7 (568 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, I wanna add to this because I just looked at the calendar again and it's more confusing than I thought. It's still fall, and it's stil right before Harvestfest. But in addition to the time being mixed up, now every single holiday on the schedule is a week earlier! I have my schedule set to each season lasting two weeks. So, for instance, the last week of winter is busy- three holidays, one Tuesday, one Wednesday, and one Saturday. But now they're all scheduled for the FIRST week of winter. At the same time, my version of the new years day holiday is set to the second Sunday of winter. Holidays set for the first week of summer? Now the second week of spring.

Now I'm sure this has to be a glitch, because I certainly didn't do this.

Message 2 of 7 (556 Views)

Hero
@Serabee did you change the length of the seasons ? Could you try changing them to something else and back to see if that sets them right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (525 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I hadn't done anything with the seasons- I don't think I'd even checked my calendar recently- which is part of why I was so caught off guard.

To be honest, i already started a new save file (I was considering doing so for a few reasons, and this was kind of the final kick) I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again. I mean, I can always change the dates back, but it's a pain... and I wonder if there may end up being other issues from it.

Message 4 of 7 (501 Views)

Hero
@Serabee Did you delete the old save ? If not, it would be good if you could test if my suggestion helps with the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (486 Views)

Hero
@Serabee Tagging for feedback

Also do you know if the actual date changed (like going from fr back to Wednesday) or was it just the holiday that threw you off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (469 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (452 Views)