by BeanieSimmies

Original Post

Darker Skintones Pitch Black CAS

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Moshino, Bowling Night, Backyard, Romantic Garden.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In create-a-sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims turn PITCH BLACK.
What do you expect to see? When I click on only the dark skintones, sims will turn completely black. Lighter skintones still work fine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the "Kits" patch.

I only discovered this today because this wasn't happening before they brought out "Kits". I looked up to see if I can find anything like my issue but I'm not sure the issues people were submitting were the exact same to mine. When I go into create-a-sim, all of the lighter skin tones work normally but when I click on the darker skin tones, the sim will turn pitch black. The color slider doesn't change anything either. Only a select few dark skintones work but it's not the ones I usually use. I'll insert a photo of a random sim to show an example. When I turned off mods and custom content, the issue isn't there so I'm guessing it's something in my mods, I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,481 Views)

Re: Darker Skintones Pitch Black CAS

Hero
@BeanieSimmies This is usually a mod issue with custom default skins. Make sure to only use skins that are updated for the new skin tones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How come it also happens when all mods are disabled*?

*disabled, but not deleted

Message 3 of 7 (2,409 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, I’ll make sure and find my custom skins, delete them, and see if anything changes. I just thought it was so bizarre that all skin tones were working fine last week into this week and now they aren’t. But I guess if anyone has mods and cc, after every patch at least one thing will become broken in the game lol. I’ll be sure to update if anything changes. Thank you.

Message 4 of 7 (2,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jo_Unger_AT usually if you use custom skins and remove Sims, all skins turn black cause the skin is no longer present.

Taking your Sim to cas should solve that though. Maybe even deleting the localthumbcache file will help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,381 Views)

★ Novice

i've tried everything in this thread and it's still not working. I guess I'll have to wait for EA to fix it in the next update..

starting a new game hasn't worked either for me.

Message 6 of 7 (2,281 Views)

Hero
@xDerrax Have you been using custom skin tones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,263 Views)