Re: Dark screen on Orgin with Sims3!

by fons_garmo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dark screen on Orgin with Sims3!

★★★★ Novice

Ok I updated my Orgin on 12/6/15 everything was fine. Decided to play sims3 and the screen was dark during the day and really dark at night. I always played offline with no problems so I decided to go back to offline. The new update changed my screen on offline to dark. So I decided to restore and I have my game back on offline. I want to play online so can get the updates!. Can some one help me with this issues please. Nividia 660 gtx is up to date

Please help 12/8/15

Message 1 of 21 (3,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

@1_savana,

Are you running the game with Compatibility mode enabled? If so, please completely disable it.

Also, right-click on The Sims 3 cover in Origin and select Game properties... Check Disable Origin in game for this title

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 19 of 21 (4,798 Views)

All Replies

Hi @1_savana,

Are you playing on fullscreen or windowed mode?

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 21 (3,783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm playing on fullscreen on a tv not a monitor

Message 3 of 21 (3,775 Views)
Highlighted

@1_savana,

Try playing Windowed mode. Go to game settings and unselect Fullscreen setting.

Message 4 of 21 (3,771 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So you are saying that by playing in window mode it will fix my dark screen issue with Orgin and offline?.

Message 5 of 21 (3,763 Views)

@1_savana,

Well I'm not saying it will fix it, that's why I said that you should try it Wink I had a similar problem on an old monitor and playing Windowed mode fixed it, so I'd give it a chance.

Message 6 of 21 (3,758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry took so long well I tried window mode in the past the cursor doesn't work. Well now I updated to the new Orgin my daughter wanted to play Sims4. and I now have the dark screen Sims3 on offline we have to go through Orgin which I was afraid of. My nvidia is up to date my gaming PC is up to date Windows 8.1 is up to date I meet all of the requirements for Sims3. Talk to ea tier 3 no change  to the game only game that has a beautiful picture is Sims4 go figure. I tried for a year  to fix the dark screen issue hesitate to uninstall the and reinstall it seems like I have no other option. And one other thing called HP had the do a clean boot make changes to my PC and still no change. So this weekend I will uninstall and try to reinstall the base game only. If that doesn't work I will uninstall all eleven games to see if that works if that doesn't I have lost hundreds of dollars in Sims 3. I have been a loyal customer since Sims 2 I hate not being able to play Sims3 it's my favorite game. My dark screen issue the town is dark and my white people are orange I no longer have a crisp bright picture I tried to give all of the information I had dealing with Sims 3. Please help me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simmer for life 😀

Message 7 of 21 (3,748 Views)

@1_savana,

Have you tried a monitor instead of a TV?

Message 8 of 21 (3,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No do you think that will make difference. Like the tv it 45 I do have a monitor its between 28 to 32

Message 9 of 21 (3,727 Views)

@1_savana,

I'd give it a try, just to discard that the problem is the TV Wink

Message 10 of 21 (3,724 Views)