Re: Dark form changes human form in CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dark form changes human form in CAS

★★ Novice

I’ll try to explain this the best I can. Im new to all of this. 

I have the vampires expansion pack. When I go to CAS to edit my human Sim it changed the dark form to the exact same thing. So then I went to edit the dark form and it changed my human sim to dark form, makeup and all. I do have CC (but no mods) but I removed it from the game after the update and it still does it. 

I also can’t dark meditate. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! 

Message 1 of 6 (27,213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@mandyleigh1989 Ah ok. Since you said your Human Sim, I assumed you're talking about a non-Vamp, not about the human form.

They made a change to how it works. There's this little icon that looks like a chain. This links the two together. So every change you make goes for both forms if they're linked.

You need to unlink them if you just want one form to change.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (27,169 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@mandyleigh1989 Human Sims don't have a dark form. Are you sure there^s no mod/cc still active ?

Dark Meditation is broken: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/td-p/7955016/j...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (27,193 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m talking about my vampire sim. It has a human form and a dark form. I guess human form is what it’s called? Maybe not, lol. Maybe it’s just it’s nice form? I’m not sure really how to explain it other than my vampire sim has 2 forms. One I know is called a dark form because I have the option to “show” and “hide” dark form. The other form is what my sim is in normally. What she looked like before she was turned into a vampire.

anyway, when I go to edit her outfits via the dresser it defaults all her looks to the human (or “regular” whatever it’s called) form. So I went through and changed it all how I wanted it and then above her picture in CAS mode I can click her dark form to edit it. So I do that. But as soon as I make a change it changed her human (or regular, or whatever it’s called) form Into her dark form (as shown in the photo I attached).

I don’t have any mods. After I added my CC and applied it to my sim everything worked fine. It wasn’t until after the update that I had this issue. So I removed all CC from my game thinking it was that. I know it’s all removed because I don’t get the mod message at startup and I get the “sims items were removed because You don’t have them or EA doesn’t have them” message and everything I had CC for is gone.
Message 3 of 6 (27,174 Views)

Hero
@mandyleigh1989 Ah ok. Since you said your Human Sim, I assumed you're talking about a non-Vamp, not about the human form.

They made a change to how it works. There's this little icon that looks like a chain. This links the two together. So every change you make goes for both forms if they're linked.

You need to unlink them if you just want one form to change.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (27,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict Ahhh! I noticed the link last night but didn’t know what it did. Thank you! I’ll try that later and see if that is the problem. Thank you SO much! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me!!!

Update:  It worked! THANK YOU!!! 💕

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 6 (27,168 Views)

Hero
@mandyleigh1989 You're welcome. It's a bit unexpected, especially as it's on by default.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (27,151 Views)