by bewitching1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dark Meditation not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moshino and Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to use dark meditation
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will not complete dark meditation but cancel the action.
What do you expect to see? dark meditation action to complete and work as intended.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug was created previously but it was closed as "fixed". This issue is not fixed as the solution was to download a mod.  That's a workaround. EA needs to issue a fix during an update, not require a mod.  This needs to remain open until EA issues a fix as not everyone wants mods in their game.  Apparently been an issue since July....

Message 1 of 9 (725 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dark Meditation not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found I had installed a vampire for children mod and when I uninstalled it fixed the issue.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (521 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bewitching1 The bug was fixed. Not by a mod solution but actually fixed.

Seems odd that no one else has re-reported it if it's back.

I'll do some testing.

EDIT: It's working fine for me. Try repairing your game and deleting your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (712 Views)

Hero
@bewitching1 Are you still having issues after repairing your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry didnt realize you responded.  I tried the mod fix, that didnt work. I tried deleting the mod and doing your suggestion and that didnt work. 

The action queues and then immediately expires and disappears. Loaded a new family, vatore, and it wont work with him either.

Message 4 of 9 (637 Views)

Hero
@bewitching1 Could you test a new save to see if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Found the problem! Thank you!
Message 6 of 9 (621 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @bewitching1, could you let us know what was causing the issue for you. There might be other players experiencing the same issue and your insight may help them too. Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 9 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The add for the packs represents all vampire pack content and dark meditation is one of those things and it states its in the game to be enjoyed yet its broken there for its false advertisement because I didn't get what I paid for.

(Edited by CM: <Discussing moderation removed> <legal threat removed> Please review the Answers HQ Forum Rules and your messages.)

Message 8 of 9 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found I had installed a vampire for children mod and when I uninstalled it fixed the issue.

Message 9 of 9 (522 Views)