DVD-ROM is not recognizing the Into the Future Sims 3 Disk

by stormbringer90

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DVD-ROM is not recognizing the Into the Future Sims 3 Disk

★★★ Newbie

I have Into the Future Sims 3 game disks. One for me and one for my daughter. Other DVDs and CDs are recognized without problem. I have unistalled and reinstalled the Optical Drive. But the game disk is only recognized a small part of the time. Is this a know issue?

Message 1 of 4 (127 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DVD-ROM is not recognizing the Into the Future Sims 3 Disk

Hero

You can download the game for free from Origin and use the disc version instead of the DVD one if you want to that.

The game should be in your Origin library in myGames if you've registered. Try repair game from there (right click on the game). If that doesn't work, uninstall the disc version from ITF and then download the downlaod one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (112 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Do you mean that you can sometimes play and other times you get an other can't find disc message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WIndows 7. And yes it does rarely find the disk and work. 99% of the time I spend several hours inserting and ejecting the disk which is not seen by the optical drive.

Message 3 of 4 (120 Views)

Hero

You can download the game for free from Origin and use the disc version instead of the DVD one if you want to that.

The game should be in your Origin library in myGames if you've registered. Try repair game from there (right click on the game). If that doesn't work, uninstall the disc version from ITF and then download the downlaod one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)