Re: DLC Installer denied access

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

DLC Installer denied access

★★★ Newbie

This happened some time ago, and my problem actually fixed itself when the game updated. However, when I went into the game, I turned on allow cc/mods and when I tried opening the game again, I got an error.

After I tried uninstalling all mods, it wouldn't work, and repair didn't either, so I uninstalled/reinstalled. Now I get the error again that Origin was denied access to C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\_Installer\DLC\GP04\_Installer\installerdata.xml_DiP_STAGED

(Happening for all my dlc/packs; vampires, holiday celebration pack, realm of magic)

Sadly the game is up to date now so I can't do the original fix I did.

(Sorry if this doesn't make much sense)

Message 1 of 4 (300 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@hypnotichippohyp 

This is because of your security software blocking access to the folder. You need to give Origin access or temporarily disable antivirus while installing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin has permission on norton, but to test I tried disabling auto-protect and firewall on it yet it hasn't worked. I even tried running Origin as administrator.

Message 3 of 4 (264 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@hypnotichippohyp Disable antivirus entirely.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (256 Views)