Custom content

by bananakiddd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Custom content

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have just the base game but for some reason there is no custom content filter for me.Or custom content at all.It will show up when I begin the game and list the things I have down loaded but it wont show up as an option when I try to put it on my characters.The only filters it has are purchased and unlocked.

Message 1 of 9 (754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom content

Hero (Retired)
@bananakiddd

If I understand correctly you cannot find a filter for CC in the CAS. You won't find it because there is no such filter. You have to search for CC in CAS objects. You will recognize them by the blue key in the picture. Sometimes the creators of CC place it in other places, for example in a column of glasses, eyes and so on. Unfortunately, you have to find them yourself.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (705 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@bananakiddd

If I understand correctly you cannot find a filter for CC in the CAS. You won't find it because there is no such filter. You have to search for CC in CAS objects. You will recognize them by the blue key in the picture. Sometimes the creators of CC place it in other places, for example in a column of glasses, eyes and so on. Unfortunately, you have to find them yourself.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 9 (706 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you,I realized that I have to download files and find them my self.I did eventually !

Message 3 of 9 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@kreatora  how can I recognize if gallery items use custom content? I got a pop-up message a few times that said some items are missing from my pc and have been removed, even though I never -deliberately- used custom content or mods. However I did notice in my game options cc and mods are enabled. Can I just disable it? I would like to avoid any issues from cc and mods. Thanks in advance for your advice.

edit: I just noticed the "view custom content" button. The list was empty.

item removed.PNG

game options.PNG

Message 4 of 9 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@IrisuChan

No object downloaded from the gallery contains a CC. The gallery doesn't accept such objects. These mysterious objects that you read are removed when, you place a house downloaded from the Gallery in the game, they are objects from packs that you do not have. These packs will not be mention in the description of the house if, for example, only garden's plants from these packs were used there or other items from debug.

The gallery has a barrier that will not let any CC-containing objects through. Even if you see in the picture a sim with CC objects and download it, it will come to your library stripped of all CC

Message 5 of 9 (577 Views)

★★ Guide

@kreatora  I noticed that also yes when I download lots with items from packs I don't have, those items will be removed. But this missing items pop-up I got once after I was in build mode and once after I used "change sim" in the mirror. It seemed very random to me?? PS. really good to know the gallery won't contain cc. Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (555 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@IrisuChan

As for the building mode, this phenomenon can occur when something was placed using the MOO and you are without MOO enabled. It happened to me that once the front door incorrectly placed using the MOO suddenly disappeared with the message that something was removed from the object.
If you have changed the sim in the mirror, this message may relate to the hidden trait removed by the game. You can't check it - but it certainly didn't apply to CC if you don't use them.
Message 7 of 9 (527 Views)

★★ Guide

thank you I'll keep this in mind! dziękuję Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (509 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@IrisuChan

Glad it helped you. (Nie ma sprawy. Życzę miłej gry :D )
Message 9 of 9 (495 Views)